• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Could someone please explain the condition of the 1852 Seated Dollar in the ...

2 posts in this topic

Steller collection on the NGC registry? Its PCGS graded MS65. Very original, which is how we like 'em. But is it borderline "environmental damage? The deep green on the obv. looks like something else. Is this toning so deep that it is etched into the surface. Any thoughts as to how this coin was stored for the majority of its life? I realize that the 1852 was a major rarity even way back then. Obviously a collector held onto this one.

Seth

I'm glad that you posted this... Although he may not remember me, I know the owner of the Stellar coins (a very friendly gentleman who had the coins on display at the last Atl ANA show). He has the most amazing collection of high-grade key-date Seated material of all denominations. All his stuff are amazing, original and eye appealing.

Oddly enough, the Norweb specimen 1870-S dollar was the one I liked the least. (This is more a positive comment about his entire collection than a negative one about that one coin -- which is very nice too!)

Oh, and about the 1852, I don't recall the coin but I'm sure it's problem-free.

EVP