• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

uploading photos to registry set issues

6 posts in this topic

I tried a search on this subject but came up with nothing so perhaps I'm missing it.

My problem is uploading photos to the ngc registry site.

I keep exceeding the '100 kb limit'

strangely, I've been able to upload photos but later on, if I delete them to try another photo, I find I can't even upload the photo's I originally had posted there.

I've been reducing my photos to about 350 X 350 pixels and initially that worked ('uncompressed' file size = about 360 kb). But now it doesn't work. If I reduce the photo size any more, the loss of resolution is too significant.

Any insight?

Thanks,

Michael

Also, what phot-editing software are you using?

If it's PhotShop* then use the "save for web" function... that shoudl help.

* if you're not using PhotoShop, learn it... love it... but the PC version, not Mac. By the way you know those new Intel Chip Macs? PhotoShop won't run on them

For the average non graphic artist, I think Photoshop Elements is a better choice. It's cheaper and easier to use imo.

I agree. PhotoShop is awesome and incredibly powerful, but along with that power comes a level of complexity that can be daunting at first.

Beijim

yea, that's all true.

But if you learn PhotoShop, you have a new marketable skill. wink.gif

PainShop Pro, which comes as a trial version on all new Dell PCs is pretty good also.