• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post an Orignal Looking coin.

220 posts in this topic

Yes the 20D is a tougher date to get in this condition. I haven’t landed one

yet. Man, look at those rims and not a scratch or distracting nick

anywhere. Very nice. What would you say the grade is? F15? Seems

a little too much detail in the eagle’s feathers to be an F12. I hope it is as

dark or darker in hand. Nice acquisition. thumbsup2.gif

Hays

It's a little darker in-hand, with much more rich chestnut color than indicated in my images. It's also slabbed by NGC as VF25, which I can't really argue about. The images posted make the coin's details, especially on the obverse, look a little flatter than they are in reality.

This is not a new acquisition, but I knew I never shared the image on the boards.

It's a little darker in-hand, with much more rich chestnut color than indicated in my images. It's also slabbed by NGC as VF25, which I can't really argue about. The images posted make the coin's details, especially on the obverse, look a little flatter than they are in reality.

This is not a new acquisition, but I knew I never shared the image on the boards.

Glad to hear about the chestnut color, as you know these original

circulated WLHs often get that lovely shade. I’m very surprised at the

grade though. I would have expected to see a full breast line on the

obverse in a VF25 as well as a whole lot of feathers on the reverse.

Still, it is a very nice coin - look me up if you ever want to sell it.

Hays

Thanks John, welcome to the board. I'm glad to see you're on this board too. I hope you keep posting because a lot of people will enjoy your posts, I'll surely be one of them. It's easier to put icons into your messages on this side of the street. flowerred.gif

and I don't think they've got the dancing bananna! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Here's another coin that I think is an original mint state Liberty nickel:

188928462_44946cdc8a.jpg

188928465_7a590295d3.jpg

the vertical lines you see on the neck are scratches on the holder.

Mike, Both your Cap bust half, and the 1888 nickel are out standing! cloud9.gif

I starting to see why it's so hard to find good looking coins any more, 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Mikes got em all. headbang.gif

That's just an incredible error! thumbsup2.gif

Here's a fairly original piece that you don't often find with any originality and almost never find between the grades of AG3 and AU58. By the way, it's a quarter.

aH1796P12a.jpg

aH1796P12Ra.jpg

It's tough to find completely original problem free late date 3CN. This one even has die-clashing which I've NEVER found on a later date!!! I'm sure they're out there, but here's a neat one...

1888%203CN%20-%20XF%20-%20Obverse.jpg1888%203CN%20-%20XF%20-%20Reverse.jpg

Thank you, Mike, that means a lot to me. smile.gif Here's one that is rarely seen in any grade, and almost never seen original-

aI1794N20.jpg

aI1794N20R.jpg

Thank you, Mike, that means a lot to me. smile.gif Here's one that is rarely seen in any grade, and almost never seen original-

I remember the day that I first met Ms. Liberty on that 1794 -- Nov. 10, 2005 -- and she has haunted my dreams ever since. tongue.gif

Not a great picture, but here's an original 1876 5c TDO (S1-1000, F-04, FS-012):

1876S1-1000.jpg

wow 2 great coins! Lou nice coin.. and TomB knows what I think of his coins! After all I did buy a few of them. wink.gif Ok more than a few cool.gif

I have to ditto that.

Tom, another knockout coin (knock it out of its holder and give it to me!!!), and Lou, you continuously prove that Shield nickels are great coins!!! I love those die cracks. Die cracks like that in a Shield, are great. It's the kind of coin that gives a picture of solidity and timelessness...I think...and then you see this crack. Amazing.