• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

an 1887 Morgan I picked up today, it's a vam 12[b]Alligatorrrrr Eye[/b]

5 posts in this topic

m12A III212 · C3a (Dbld LIBERTY, Alligator Eye, Clashed Obverse Die st) (190) I-3 R-5

Obverse III212– Clashed die with partial incuse st of Trust from reverse showing in right hair vee of lower hair edge.

To be exact. Alligatorrrrr Eye

Untitled-13.jpgUntitled-14.jpg

You sure have been busy! How much did this one cost ya?

$68.00 -10% cash sale.

He knew it was a VAM 12 and I have never disputed his pricing or asked for his "Best Price".

He's an old time dealer and a good guy.

m12A III212 · C3a (Dbld LIBERTY, Alligator Eye, Clashed Obverse Die st) (190) I-3 R-5

Obverse III212– Clashed die with partial incuse st of Trust from reverse showing in right hair vee of lower hair edge.

To be exact. Alligatorrrrr Eye

Untitled-13.jpgUntitled-14.jpg

It's hard to see the doubling in her eye and the doubling of "LIBERTY", but I don't see any indication of the clashed "s" & "t" of Trust. I do see two faint clashes; one is on the obverse below the drawstring of the cap and was caused by the lefthand wreath; the other is on the reverse between the eagle's wing and the wreath on the right and was caused by the vee-shape in the cap at the point of the drawstring. Both of these are very faiint and are indicative of a late die stage.

Chris

There is also a spike coming out of her throat but with the scan it makes it hard to see.

The doubling is light and again the scanner dosn't pick it as well as I would like. In hand they are more pronounced.Particularly the Rev clash between the wing and wreath.

Editted to add ,There is doubling between the lips and under the lower lip.