• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2006 1oz. $50 Gold Buffalo

5 posts in this topic

I just received an e-mail from APMEX, and they are taking orders prior to the U.S. Mint release of this Fraser design. At $600.49 each, this price is $285 less than the Mint charges for the 1oz. Gold Eagle. If you order 20 or more, the price drops to $594.83. For details, go to www.apmex.com

Chris

I just received an e-mail from APMEX, and they are taking orders prior to the U.S. Mint release of this Fraser design. At $600.49 each, this price is $285 less than the Mint charges for the 1oz. Gold Eagle. If you order 20 or more, the price drops to $594.83. For details, go to www.apmex.com

Chris

Yes, but I think the Mint is selling only proofs, and Apmex is selling Uncs.

I can't believe the Mint wants to mark up a bullion coin nearly $300 - almost 50% - for a proof version. To me that's unconscionable.

Received same email. Guy selling them on eBay guaranteed MS69 first strike PCGS $745

No offense, but I could care less about first strikes. It's nothing more than used-car-salesman-hype.

Chris

Chris

Yes, but I think the Mint is selling only proofs, and Apmex is selling Uncs.

I can't believe the Mint wants to mark up a bullion coin nearly $300 - almost 50% - for a proof version. To me that's unconscionable.

Oops.......Sorry! I'm still on Vegas time.

Chris