• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions of Numismedia price list accuracy?

5 posts in this topic

I know that most folks regard CDN as the bible for current market values.

I found the Numismedia site a while back and was curious to know what folks here think of thier pricing. The PCGS price guide is clearly optimistic...I tend to buy at around 50% of whatever they are saying....I have found that when i can find coins at or below the Numismedia prices I have done well. Lately I have seen the average circ prices for Walkers go up significantly...I assume to adjust to the silver market. (looks like its time to adjust in the other direction again)

Please share your thoughts about this price guide...specifically regarding US silver coins.

Thanks.

I find the Numismedia to be a tad high. I do look at it from time to time though. As far as a guide goes I guess it is OK, in my opinion...

Actually, I've never looked at it.

I use the Grey Sheet and Coin World's Coin Values, which is what the dealers I deal with use.

For the most part, I like Numismedia. They aren't too inflated, and usually if I get a coin below Numismedia I'm doing alright. I don't have much experience with CDN, but Numismedia seems to me, at least for the series I am interested in, to be less than Coin Values, which tends towards the higher side of the scale.