• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Latest batch

9 posts in this topic

Sent in a large batch last month. Just got the results back. Other than a small disaster, I'm pretty happy with the grades:

All proofs are UCAM unless otherwise stated

5 x 2005 Sac Dollars -- all PF-69 (the PF-70 still eludes me. The only way I've gotten a PF-70 Sac is to buy the thing on ebay, usually for a small fortune)...

5 x 2006 Clad Quarter Proofs - 4 70's, 1 69 thumbsup2.gif

1 x 2004-W Silver Eagle Proof - 70 laugh.gif

1 x 2000-P Silver Eagle Proof - 69

2 x 2006 Silver Quarters - both 69

1 x 1999 Silver Eagle - MS 69

1 x 1995 Silver Eagle - MS 69

1 x 2003 Clad Quarter Proof - 69

And now for the small disaster:

5 x 2001 Silver Quarter Proofs - 2 x 69, 1 x 68, 1 x 67, 1 bodybag (rim damage; Christo_pull_hair.gif)...

Ouch on the 2001's! Congrats for all the 70's though!

Thanks.

I can probably sell the 2001 PF-69's on ebay but for the other 2, I probably paid more for the raw coin than the slab's worth... oh well... smile.gif

5 x 2001 Silver Quarter Proofs - 2 x 69, 1 x 68, 1 x 67, 1 bodybag (rim damage; Christo_pull_hair.gif)...

Did you take these out of a proof set? How'd that one get damaged?

Did you take these out of a proof set? How'd that one get damaged?

I'm pretty sure they came out of a proof set. I haven't seen the coin yet so maybe when it comes in I'll scan it and post it... Let's just say when I saw the 2001 proof grades, I almost wanted to cry...

Of course, I removed them from the plastic case (carefully) before I learned that NGC no longer charges to de-holder proof sets... foreheadslap.gif

I have the coins back. The 2001's did come out of a proof set. On the reverse there are 2 neat little furrows in the rim. Almost like taking a knife, setting the blade against the rim and making a slash... I'll scan the thing when I get home and post it... It's not really subtle... it's very much visible...