• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Now, This Is One Way To Write Up An Ad To Sell A 1881-S NGCMS65 Morgan

2 posts in this topic

I found this in a mail out catalog. It's actually quite well done and the pictures are very nice. First a few tidbits and thoughts about the 1881-S Morgan.

The mintage reported is 12,760,000. No where near scarce much less rare.

NGC has graded over 36,000 81-S MS65. I'm including PLs and DPLs. You can argure this is just a "tiny fraction" of the total mintage so in order to make my point we'll just say that it's fact. But, as we all know, the NGC MS65 81-S Morgans are at the extreme top of the "tiny fraction" graded scale. So, that just leads us back to another thing we all know. The NGC MS65 1881-S Morgan Dollar is one of the most common ones readily available. We'll just say $150 yay.gif

So here goes.

"The San Francisco Mint made some of the finest Morgan Silver Dollars, but just a tiny fraction of the 1881 coins have ever been certified and graded as Brilliant Uncirculated MS-65. A coin of this quality is a stunning FIVE grades higher that a standard Uncirculated coin and is a spectacular grade for a Morgan Silver Dollar. It's as stunningly beautiful as the day it was struck in San Francisco in 1881...and it has miraculously survived in top quality for almost 125 years. Don't miss this rare opportunity to own one of the best Morgan Silver Dollars you'll ever see!

Item #xxxxxx $279.95 makepoint.gif

It's also on their website: www.washingtonmint.com Oh, they also want you to tell a friend about it.

Jerry