• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first post here - How do I submit???!!!!

39 posts in this topic

On the NGC board, under How to Submit to NGC, it clearly states one to submit as becoming a member of the Collector's Society. OK, so I do this (the free membership) and I go to that site. From there, there doesn't appear to be any way to submit. Don't tell me that NGC isn't as nice as I have heard about please. Do you have to pay for a membership, or go through a dealer to submit? I am not an ANA member and have no intention of ever being after they accepted a donation from ACG.

Thanks for any help.

JJacks

Well, first of all, you can rest easy about the ANA as ACG is no longer a member of the ANA (they withdrew membership after the Hagar v Stuppler episode), so it won't hurt you to rejoin.

Then just print out the ANA application for submission membership and send it in. In a week or so you'll get a package with submission forms and other useful information.

Easiest way I know to do it.

Thanks,

Doesn't ANA Membership cost? I guess I thought that NGC had said things such as "Not having to join a club" to submit. I could go through a local dealer, but I really prefer not to do that. This kind of stuff is the customer service issues that PCGS always seems to be criticized for!

JJacks

Yes, ANA membership costs a small bit ($40 for one year, $90 for three years), but other than going through a dealer or joining Collector's Society ($99) I'm not seeing another way to submit.

What the hell are you guys talking about!!!!??? I have done nothing wrong here. WHAT THE HELL DOES AMAZON AND EBAY HAVE TO DO WITH SUBMITTING COINS TO NGC.

EVP is so lost in space thinking he is great I won't even acknowledge him anymore.

-------------------------------------------------------

Here is what I did:

Go to NGCs First page.

It clearly says

"How to submit"

OK - Have I lost you already. Try again.

Now, follow where it says "Become a member of collectors society"

OK - Fine I did all that - no problems. Typed in all my info - got a password, etc.

Logged on to Collector's society.

Now - Nothing!!!!

Calling me an insufficiently_thoughtful_person seems pretty lame when NGC is supposed to have experts and they can't make a decent god-damn website that tells you how the F*[!@#%^&^] to submits coins without shoving a bunch of BS up your a**.

Greg, that link may be useful - but where does one find this on their front screen? What if I wasn't an ebay member (which I am)?

People on this board are always talking about NGC's customer service, etc. My first try with them has made my think they hired some 8th graders to do their website and some management insufficiently_thoughtful_persons are trying to make it tough as possible to submit coins - They should have a link right on the front page to get an ID to start submitting - is that too tough for them to understand.

If this is an indication of thier stupidity, maybe I should just leave now!

JJacks

BTW - Thanks for welcoming me Chris!

Also noticed other people complained that NGC was stupid in the link that Greg sent me to as well - they must really be insufficiently_thoughtful_persons if they see people on this board complaining that they can't figure out how to send them $ and they don't even fix the problem!

Geez.

JJacks

People on this board are always talking about NGC's customer service, etc. My first try with them has made my think they hired some 8th graders to do their website and some management insufficiently_thoughtful_persons are trying to make it tough as possible to submit coins - They should have a link right on the front page to get an ID to start submitting - is that too tough for them to understand.

If this is an indication of thier stupidity, maybe I should just leave now!

JJacks

It doesn't appear that it was too difficult for the rest of us. Please, by all means, leave now.

Andy 893frustrated.gif

Well Andy,

Was that because you had an ANA Membership - was that because you had an NGC membership - was that because you had read other posts about how to submit. I am sure I can look around and ask questions and learn, but there should be no reason to need to learn how to submit - it should jump out at you. You know

A BUTTON LIKE - CLICK HERE TO START SUBMITTING COINS TO NGC

Duh?!!

JJacks

JJacks, welcome to the boards of NGC.

I'm Sure you will find very informative info, as well as good people here!!

Oh, and buy the way..... I see you met greg!! grin.gif

mike

--------------------------

dont forget! collect proof sets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Hi Mike,

Thanks.

That wasn't a very nice intro to these boards for me. I usually can do just about anything I want on a website in a few minutes, and if it isn't obvious I have to wonder about the company anyways.

JJacks

Hi Mike,

Thanks.

That wasn't a very nice intro to these boards for me. I usually can do just about anything I want on a website in a few minutes, and if it isn't obvious I have to wonder about the company anyways.

JJacks

JJacks, Third party grading is in big demand these days, and there are many companys out there.

Wonder all you want about this company and others!!! There's nothing wrong with that!!! But.........

Keep in mind,,, that the people on this board are just coin collectors like you and me, and not affiliated with NGC....

And Yes... There are a small few here that are rather outspoken and will tell you what they think even if you dont ask for it!!! But only a few!!!!!! grin.gif

mike

---------------------------

dont forget! collect proof sets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Hey, wait a second. He posted that he wanted to submit to NGC without having to pay for a membership, or go through a dealer to submit. I dug up an old thread with info on how to do that. That's all.

And I've met JJacks before - in person.

Hey, wait a second. He posted that he wanted to submit to NGC without having to pay for a membership, or go through a dealer to submit. I dug up an old thread with info on how to do that. That's all.

And I've met JJacks before - in person.

Hummmmm, OK then...

I'm sorry greg!!

I'm sure someday soon WE will meet as well, ( since we live in the same state ).!!

mike

Oh!! BTW, I would have PM'd you but my e-mail is down frown.gif

-----------------------------

dont forget! collect proof sets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Greg - For the record.

I have met Greg, and he certainly was a nice guy. I like him, I like his passion for coins, etc. The problem was that his post made it sound like he was ticked off at me since I was such an insufficiently_thoughtful_person that I couldn't figure out how to do this myself. Maybe he was just trying to help out and copied and pasted and didn't mean to offend or anything. My point was that I am one of the more PC literate guys I know - I work in IT/Software Testing - I have used PCs since about age 15 (1987). I was the guy (until recent changes in how we did it - not because they didn't like me doing it) who setup PCs for our company to ship to customers (installing SW and PC Cards), etc. If I couldn't find this quickly I would guess alot of people couldn't.

I have no idea what EVP's problem is - I honestly have no idea why he doesn't like me. I'm sure I argued with him at some point over PCGS/NGC or White coins/toned coins or /, etc. Maybe if he wants to remind me why he hates me I will remember!

Baseball and Claw - Nice to see you on this board. I have some pretty big plans for future submissions, and I was starting to look into NGC, but I hope I don't keep running into problems.

Claw - Drove down into San Diego country today just for some sightseeing. Didn't take any pics however. We drove by Cardiff By the Sea. I wanted to go to Rancho Santa Fe, but I think I took a wrong turn and lost where I was. North San Diego county is sure nice - but hard to know your way around!

JJacks

Greg - For the record.

I have met Greg, and he certainly was a nice guy. I like him, I like his passion for coins, etc. The problem was that his post made it sound like he was ticked off at me since I was such an insufficiently_thoughtful_person that I couldn't figure out how to do this myself. Maybe he was just trying to help out and copied and pasted and didn't mean to offend or anything.

The title of I WANT TO SUBMIT TO NGC BUT I'M TOO STUPID TO DO A LITTLE WORK AND FIND THE LINK was the actual title of the other thread that I linked. It was not directed at you. That's just its title. I gave that thread its title in response to another poster on this forum that couldn't seem to do even the most basic of work in order to submit coins to NGC. No matter how much help he was given, he still seems oblivious to the easy ways to submit.

I have no idea what EVP's problem is

Is it a coincidence that after spending some time with me at the Long Beach show, the usually mild mannered and quiet EVP starts to sound just a little more like me? 893whatthe.gifshocked.gif893whatthe.gifshocked.gif893whatthe.gifshocked.gif

Greg - For the record.

I have met Greg, and he certainly was a nice guy. I like him, I like his passion for coins, etc. The problem was that his post made it sound like he was ticked off at me since I was such an insufficiently_thoughtful_person that I couldn't figure out how to do this myself. Maybe he was just trying to help out and copied and pasted and didn't mean to offend or anything. My point was that I am one of the more PC literate guys I know - I work in IT/Software Testing - I have used PCs since about age 15 (1987). I was the guy (until recent changes in how we did it - not because they didn't like me doing it) who setup PCs for our company to ship to customers (installing SW and PC Cards), etc. If I couldn't find this quickly I would guess alot of people couldn't.

I have no idea what EVP's problem is - I honestly have no idea why he doesn't like me. I'm sure I argued with him at some point over PCGS/NGC or White coins/toned coins or /, etc. Maybe if he wants to remind me why he hates me I will remember!

Baseball and Claw - Nice to see you on this board. I have some pretty big plans for future submissions, and I was starting to look into NGC, but I hope I don't keep running into problems.

Claw - Drove down into San Diego country today just for some sightseeing. Didn't take any pics however. We drove by Cardiff By the Sea. I wanted to go to Rancho Santa Fe, but I think I took a wrong turn and lost where I was. North San Diego county is sure nice - but hard to know your way around!

JJacks

JJacks- it looks like you were driving through my neck of the woods. I live in Encinitas and work here and Cardiff (really, right next door and a part of Encinitas). Next time you want to take a leasurely drive through Rancho Santa Fe, take Loma Santa Fe (out of Solana Beach, just south of Cardiff) and drive east. It's about four five miles or so from the coastal area.

And, welcome to the NGC Forums. I look forward to your contributions.

PS: Greg's resurrected Thread is only titled like that because the original Thread was aimed at a guy who went by the name "Parasite". Right, enough said.

Why did I know that this thread was going to deteriorate into this. I would of bet money on it. For you guys and gals that post 99.9% of the time on CU to come out of the shoot and start ripping this place is very transparent.

I don't do or never have done IT. It took me all of 2 minutes to figure out how to submit coins to NGC. JJ you been ripping NGC since the day you posted at CU. All I got to say is nice start here and glad you don't do IT for my company.

Baseball, this guy has a long history of bashing NGC, I hope he tries the company and this board and if he enjoys his experience hope he stays. However having said that I knew the fur would fly, just like it does at CU. Now let us please move on before we let this become a CU forum. 893frustrated.gif

• Administrator

JJacks,

The free Collectors Society membership basically entitles the user to participate in the Registry. The full membership entitles the user to all other functionality, including submission. Please read the details below. This info is also on the join page of the Collectors Society.

Free Account

Complete access to entering and competing in The

Certified Coin Registry

Online access to census information from each of our

grading companies.

Full Paid Account - Fee to join $99

All free account benefits, plus:

Your choice of 5 free submissions with NGC, 3 free

submissions with CGC or 5 free submissions with SGC.

One year of direct submission privileges to NGC, CGC, SGC

and NCS.

Online Grading Status Reports 24/7.

Priority Customer Service access by email or toll-free

phone call.

Free trials to major hobby publications including price

guides.

Ok, I deleted my incendiary first post to this thread... I still feel it was inappropriate for JJ to come here and post the way he did. But, that doesn't excuse my post either.

So, my apologies for adding to the rancor...

EVP

• Administrator

These are the choices on the main menu of the NGC site:

About NGC

NGC Grading

Services & Submission

Census

Gallery

"Services & Submission" will lead you to the submission information. Once you click this link, you will find a sub-menu on the left hand side that contains the following choices:

Services & Fees

---Photo Proof

Coins We Grade

---VarietyPlus

---World Coins

---No Grade Booklet

Guarantee

How To Submit

"How To Submit" will provide the instructions you're looking for. Additionally, in the text in the middle of the page you get to when clicking "Serives & Submission" you will find this paragraph:

Submitting to NGC has never been easier. Please refer to
for an overview of your submission options and procedures.

This paragraph on the page includes a link to the same submission information reached by clicking "How To Submit". If your interest is in joining the Collectors' Society in order to submit, you may then go to either "Benefits" or to "Join" both of which are in the main menu. Both of these pages detail exactly what the costs and benefits are for joining the Collectors' Society (CS). Specifically, you should have had to go through the "Join" page to join the CS. Included in the benefits of the paid membership is this paragraph:

One year of direct submission privileges to NGC, CGC, SGC and NCS.

After reviewing the benefits, you must either pick to join as a free member or join as a paid member.

I would be interested in knowing at what specific points in this process you felt that the appropriate information was hard to find as we do try to continue to refine the click-flow.

Regards,

Arch

Arch, or Dena, you might be able to answer this: I rejoined about four or five weeks ago and have yet to receive my package.

Do you know about how long it takes to have it mailed?

-I was able to do business with NGC at the Long Beach show (same day grading) as they just looked up my membership number, but am anxious to receive my grading coupons so as to send a bunch of stuff in. Thanks.

Arch, or Dena, you might be able to answer this: I rejoined about four or five weeks ago and have yet to receive my package.

I rejoined maybe 2 weeks ago and I got my package before Long Beach.

• Administrator

I rejoined maybe 2 weeks ago and I got my package before Long Beach.

I sent braddick a pm on this, but basically there was a bug that was holding up a certain few member ID's. We have resolved this, so things should be moving along.

Regards,

Arch

I never got any free grading coupons! frown.gif

By the way, welcome JJacks, I hope you enjoy the site and contribute to it in the future.