• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some nice finds this weekend

4 posts in this topic

Once a month there is a small coin show in South Bend (Indiana for the uniniated). Saturday I picked up a Lexington Commemorative with the original issue wooden box. Best guess is the Lexington is a 64 with light green,blue and pink toning, which I am assuming is from the box. The dealer is in his late 70's and his daughter helps him out. Also picked up two nice mint toned Frankies from him, a 57D with speckled purple toning and a 57 with nice deep rainbow toning. I don't normally like the speckled Frankie toning but the color was so rich.

Got home and kept focusing on a 08D Barber dime in MS64 NGC. Yep I drove back later and picked it up. Nice target toning that makes the profile look cameo. Deep dark green, purple and gold toning. Anyone know what sheet is on this coin?

My kind of weekend. Anyone else as eclectic collector as me? grin.gif

IrishMike,

I was planning a trip a few months ago to South Bend but a snow storm got in the way. My brother-in-law knew of only one coin dealer in the area. My wife and I are planning a trip this summer at one point. When does the show generally take place? Any good coin dealers you know about?

Thanks,

Dave

That sounds like a good show, Mike! smile.gif The '08-D Barber dime in MS64 has Greysheet bid/ask of $450/$500. Any chance that we might get a scan or image of the coin?

Tom, my Nikon died. It's been back to the factory twice. I'll post pictures in a couple of weeks. I paid $450 for the Barber.

The next South Bend show is the first weekend in July I believe, usually it is the middle weekend. No really good dealers in the area. There about 8-10 that come to the show, mostly from Michigan. The dates of the show are usually posted in CoinWorld. I'll let you know the schedule.