• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So-Called Dollar pops THANKS but accurate?

2 posts in this topic

A big THANKS for posting the So-Called Dollar population reports. I'm concerned about their accuracy though. For example, there is an HK-465 in MS67 listed at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8410133816 (sn 1926211-003) while the posted population shows nothing higher than an MS65. There is an HK-534 in MS64 at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item= 8427714823 (sn 1928472-016) while the posted population shows nothing highger than an MS62. I have and know of several other so-calleds that are clearly missing from the posted population (slabbed in a grade that lists zero examples in the report), which makes me uncertain about all of the other numbers.

Is it possible that you're missing a chunk of data from the posted populations?

Thanks!

jonathan

• Administrator

Thanks for your question. There are a few omissions in the so-called dollar census because of mechanical errors or mis-attributions. We are aware of all of them, and we are implementing a fix.

In the first example that you mention, the piece labeled HK-465 should have a color designation, BN, RB, or RD, to be included. It has been omitted on the piece shown. This medal can be submitted to NGC to have its designation corrected at no charge.

The second piece that you mention is listed correctly in the census. The census for HK-534 reflects 3 examples in MS64 and 2 higher.

If you still find omissions at the end of the month, please email me directly with certification numbers and I will see that they are corrected. We are striving for 100% accuracy and inclusion in this report.