• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I saw my first non-State Quarter 2003 coin today.

8 posts in this topic

Is it just me or are the 2003 coins not really in circulation yet?

I just got my first 2003 cent in change today and I've only seen a few of the 2003 state quarters. I haven't gotten a 2003 nickel or dime in change yet.

Usually, in the NYC area, I see the new cents by the end of January or so and the new nickels and dimes by March, but this year I haven't. I've also noticed that most of the quarters I'm getting in change are pre-1999.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Dave,

Yes, I noticed the same thing. I also have not received any 2003 coins yet. As you say, I usually see the cents early in the New Year with the other coins following later, but here we are six months into the year and I haven’t seen any yet! confused.gif

John

Yes!! They are out there!!!

And dont forget!!! US Mint Sets go on sale June 16, 2003.!!!!!!!!!!!

mike

--------------------

dont forget! collect proof sets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I've been looking and looking but I haven't found either a 2002 or a 2003 Philidelphia-minted cent in Washinton state.