• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slightly Excited

5 posts in this topic

I showed my wife my latest coin purchase (1937 Buffalo Nickel) and was explaining the coin registry. Being the sweet understanding and supportive wife she is, she remarked, "oh, this is a place where you can show off your coins to say my coin is better than yours?"

Such a sweet woman she is grin.gif

Anyway, I digress. What got me excited is she told me that she has a box of buffalo nickels at her father's that her grandfather gave her. She can't recall how many, but according to her they are in good shape.

Being the sweet husband that I am, I told her she could stop figuring out what to get me for my upcoming birthday. Just give me the box of coins.

Kinda exciting wondering what might be in that box. A 1937 D 3 leg maybe? Who knows - they could all be no dates circulated coins, but the possiblity that it contains treasures is nice to dream about.

I recently had a similar opportunity. Buff's were not a set I ever thought I would be able to accummulate, due to what I perceived to be lousy condition of coins in my price range.

I went through about 200 coins I purchased for a token amount and came away with an admireable set missing about ten coins. Among those I found were an MS 1913 in both types one and two, a 20 and 20D - both AU and all AU's from 30 on.

While many of the teens and twenties are a little rough, I never thought I would get this far on a set of this caliber in Buffs. I have since filled in a few holes and have five to go. I have also upgraded several and am pretty satisfied with the start I got on this set for less than $100.00 to start and another $200.00 in fill ins and upgrades.

Now if I could just find those last three V nickels!

Well, I haven't got them yet. I merely suggested she give them to me. Unfortunately, my wife is smarter than me so I can't con her....I can only hope she takes pity on my poor coin collecting soul.