• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it possible....

9 posts in this topic

.... to change the hide/show decision to a coin by coin basis rather than set by set basis? I currently have my seated dollar set hidden, but would gladly reveal over half the coins if I had that option.

Yes, it's possible. I have many coins in my complete type set that are already recorded at NGC but that are not listed on the set for viewing at this time. I add the coins one per week to keep it "lively".

If I remember correctly, you can go to your Registry home page and select the type of set that you want to view or edit. This will then let you chose which particular set of that type you want to look at. You can chose to edit the set and then can individually pick what coins to have open and what coins to have closed.

Did any of that make sense? I think I wrote it poorly.

I think what you are saying is that you can choose not to put coins into your set - but then they aren't scored and don't count. What I'm asking is if they can be in the set but not be shown.

Oh, sorry. I think you are correct about what I am saying as I have many coins in my set that are not publicly listed at the moment and none of them count in the ranking. Have you tried this question on the Ask NGC board?

• Administrator
I think what you are saying is that you can choose not to put coins into your set - but then they aren't scored and don't count. What I'm asking is if they can be in the set but not be shown.

Yes, it is not currently possible to obscure coins on a slot by slot basis. It's possible, but I don't fully understand the intent.

Is the idea (as an example) to have a set with 100 slots show that it only has 50 coins in it? But the completion percentage would show as say 97% complete because in reality there are 97 coins in it. But the 47 that are "obscured" just appear to be blank with no indication of the coin, the grade, the points, or anything else.

In effect this would look (to the unintiated) like an error in the set. I see 50 coins that add up to XXX points, and yet YYY points are showing.

OR, is the idea that the coin, score and grade of the coin in a slot would be hidden, but we WOULD indicate that the slot is occupied?

In that case, our 97 coin set with 50 showing would still clearly show which 47 coin slots that you DO having something in, but wouldn't show the details?

OR, is the idea that the coin, score and grade of the coin in a slot would be hidden, but we WOULD indicate that the slot is occupied?

In that case, our 97 coin set with 50 showing would still clearly show which 47 coin slots that you DO having something in, but wouldn't show the details?

Yes, exactly. In certain instances, participants may wish to reveal some coins but not others. It's not that big of a deal, but it might get more people to show more of their coins [which is what it's all about - right?]

I think this is the implementation I'd prefer, though I can see that other folks might prefer that some group of filled slots be entirely cloaked. An example might be where someone's concerned about "giving away" which coins they might really want. The ability to have a filled slot count toward the set's ranking while having the contents of that slot obscured might be worthwhile to such a person.

Beijim

TDN

I'm sure there's a good reason to obscure your coins. But what would the reason be? If they are not shown, why bother even putting on the Registry. And back to the same question, why obscure 1/2 your set and show the other half. As I said, sure there's an excellent reason, but honestly wondering why? Thanks, gossip.gif