• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The obverse of this morgan has endroll toning,but what of the reverse?

7 posts in this topic

oldholderendrolltoned1888ongcms63.jpg

Do you think that the morgan was in the roll long enough,and perhaps was somewhat loose in the roll,so that the reverse began to tone? That's what I would say,but I was wondering what the rest of you all thought... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hayden

If the reverse toning was more of a crescent I would say it spent some time in a bag and then ended up at the end of a roll.......but since the pattern is somewhat straight and dark....I would sumise that it toned like that in the roll so yes.....could have been a lose roll or something could have made it's way between a few of the coins which promoted the additional toning?

What difference does it make, Tubby, you're just going to sell it anyway! laugh.gif

Chris

Pre-sale publicity.

What difference does it make, Tubby, you're just going to sell it anyway! laugh.gif

Chris

Pre-sale publicity.

Come on guys,give me a break. tongue.gif I'm just trying to weasel out a "double endroll rainbow toned morgan"

Just kidding! 27_laughing.gif

Hayden

Hayden has THE hookup for these toners! yay.gif Is it because of his charm or his dashing good looks? crazy.gif

Hayden has THE hookup for these toners! yay.gif Is it because of his charm or his dashing good looks? crazy.gif

Do I have to pick one? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

wink.gif