• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's been a while since I posted any toners,but here's a new rainbow Rosie

12 posts in this topic

Wow that is pretty! Sorry if remedial, but what would cause the entire coin to tone like that? Just being in an album?

Thanks, Winston

Thanks! As to the toning,this little booger was probably stuck in album for a few decades. cool.gif

Hayden

er...mint set toning just means toning in the mint plastic wrap? Coins can tone that way too?

Yes,they can in fact tone through the plastic.However,this dime was probably in an old mint set which is quite similar to an old board album:

05_1.JPG

It's nice to find 1950-dated coins with cool toning because there were no officially issued US Mint Sets offered that year.

Ah ic cool. I guess I'll have to be on the lookout for these old albums/mint sets when I go to garage sales and whatnot.

Thanks again for taking the time to explain it to me. I really appreciate that you guys take the time to do that.

Winston

It's nice to find 1950-dated coins with cool toning because there were no officially issued US Mint Sets offered that year.

I know that the mint didn't make any mint sets for a year or two there,but I wasn't sure of the year. Thanks Tom. thumbsup2.gif