• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coins in NGC's "Quality Control"

5 posts in this topic

Does quality control take place before or after coins are graded in the usual manner? What happens in Quality Control? Thanks!

• Administrator

Quality control occurs after a coin has been graded and encapsulated. It is a two-part process. First the grade is checked by a grader. Then the date, denomination, other label details, and the presentation of the coin within the holder are also re-checked. If any changes are made, the coin will go through the quality control process from the beginning.

Are these the same steps for a cross over? I have had a coin that was a crossover sitting in quality control for more than a week and while I'm not really concerned it would seem like quality control would be a fairly quick process?

All services go through Quality Control, including cross over services. The process can range in time, if changes are made to the coins, then it takes longer.

Thanks Jay.....I figure I'll get the coins when I get them and then they go into a box anyway so it helps to have some patience.......... 27_laughing.gif