• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thoughts Welcome On This IHC

20 posts in this topic

Still waiting on this one to show up in the mailbox. Looking for some advance opinions. Thanks in advance! smile.gif

1885IHC.jpg

Looks like a nice MS64 to me, but I am not 100% about that toning, although it looks natural from the pictures. Nice coin!

Looks nice and natural. It appears to be a proof. PF65BN?

If you don't like it, let me know. I'm pretty sure I have a buyer for it.

Looks nice and natural. It appears to be a proof. PF65BN?

If you don't like it, let me know. I'm pretty sure I have a buyer for it.

You know I totally missed that this was a proof, looking back on it.. I am not sure how I did, I will now say PF64BN

I don't think it's going to be a colorful moose but I certainly think that the color will look nicer than what we are seeing in those dark straight on shots....

The reverse looks similar to this 1879... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1879IHC.jpg

Thanks for the comments guy's! It's in the "New" ANACS holder. I wanted the coin for the color and I wanted one of the new ANACS holders to judge the quality for myself. Heres the grade info:

1885IHCslab.jpg

It looks like a proof that may have a very light latent fingerprint on the reverse through the left side of the denomination.

I like the new ANACS holder. Modern design, Blue w/Black Font, thin and easy to photograph the coin. The coin sucks though, which is very unfortunate. My last two purchases from TT have been problem coins that had turned in the holder or got past the graders somehow? Anybody ever do a return to TT and can provide any help? Heres the coin:

1885ihcslablabel.jpg

1885ihcobv10.jpg

1885ihcrev10.jpg

Sorry to hear about the coin. It appears that something growing was removed from the M of AMERICA and that there might be flyspecking or staining near the shield on the reverse. Are these the poor points of the coin or is it something else? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I wouldn't say that this "coin sucks" or qualifies as a "problem coin" -- perhaps a borderline 64-65 based on the images. But, I'm not the one shelling out dollars for it.

Anybody ever do a return to TT and can provide any help?

LIMITED RETURN POLICY. Teletrade offers this return policy as a service to its client, however, Bidders who excessively return coins may result in having their bidder account canceled at Teletrade's sole discretion. The Bidder will be notified in writing with a warning prior to account being canceled. Subject to the terms contained herein, any Bidder may return any lot purchased for any reason by telephoning Teletrade at 800.949.2646 to notify us of the return within five (5) calendar days of receipt. Bidder must ship the same to Teletrade by Registered Mail within seven (7) calendar days of receiving the shipment (evidenced by carrier's records). Upon the expiration of seven (7) days from the date of receipt, all rights of return shall expire and no returns will be accepted. All rights of return will terminate and be void if (a) payment is not made when due, time being of the essence; (b) the returned coins are not housed in their original, sealed and unopened containers in the same condition as when shipped by Teletrade to Bidder; © payment by check does not clear on the first deposit; (d) payment by credit card is refused; or (e) Bidder has had an opportunity, personally or through an agent, to view the coins. In no event does Teletrade refund postage and handling charges, nor does it reimburse Bidders or Consignors for postage used to ship coins to Teletrade. A non-negotiable return handling fee will be deducted from any refund for a returned lot calculated as follows: Five Dollars ($5.00) plus five percent (5%) of winning bids equaling Two Hundred Dollars ($200.00) or less; Ten Dollars ($10.00) plus five percent (5%) of winning bids in amounts in excess of Two Hundred Dollars ($200.00). Teletrade does not maintain running accounts for Bidders. Therefore, refunds from previous auctions may not be applied toward the balance due on a current auction.

Sorry to hear about the coin. It appears that something growing was removed from the M of AMERICA and that there might be flyspecking or staining near the shield on the reverse. Are these the poor points of the coin or is it something else? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You nailed it Tom. Plus the discoloration on the cheek. I hope I'm not being overly critical of the coin and seeking perfection in a PR65? The coin does have some nice doubling in th letters on the obverse though. Anything special with this?

I wouldn't say that this "coin sucks" or qualifies as a "problem coin" -- perhaps a borderline 64-65 based on the images. But, I'm not the one shelling out dollars for it. Is it the color of the reverse that bothers you?

Thanks for the help with the return Policy laugh.gif Your right, my wording was a little strong. I just wasn't expecting the number of concerns with this coin at the 65 level. Am I being overly critical? The concerns with the coin are difficult to see just looking at the coin. My pictures magnified them.

What you are seeing on the obverse is oftentimes refered to as Longacre Doubling and is quite common on IHCs.

The points that you don't like about the coin would bother me, too, at the PF65 level.

I hope I'm not being overly critical of the coin and seeking perfection in a PR65?

I like the coin, Lee, even though the spots might call the gem status into question. The only problem, I suppose, is that there might be an unpleasant gap between what you paid and what you received.

Anybody ever do a return to TT and can provide any help?

I've returned coins to Teletrade a few times and never had a problem. Just give them a call - they've always been friendly.

Good luck!

Beijim

Sorry it didnt work out. Sometimes you just have to take a chance.

You should have no problem returning to TT, however their return policy is expensive,