• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Follow the lead picture post.
9 9

10,644 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure the next coin after jpcienkus's post should be a Morgan or any coin dated 1882.

Why is that? Seems to me that a coin with a date, type, or mintmark leaves open 3 possible directions (at least) to 'Follow the lead'. I chose the mintmark. Is there something wrong with that? Apparently the defined rules for this game are more restricted - silly me. doh!

Best, HT

This is from the first post with directions. They aren't my rules.

For those that wish, this is how it works.

To start it off, post a pic of any commemorative half or any coin dated 1936.

Let's say next someone post an image of a 1936 Washington quarter. You would now need to post a pic of the same type coin (a Washington quarter) or anything dated 1936.

I'm pretty sure the next coin after jpcienkus's post should be a Morgan or any coin dated 1882.

Why is that? Seems to me that a coin with a date, type, or mintmark leaves open 3 possible directions (at least) to 'Follow the lead'. I chose the mintmark. Is there something wrong with that? Apparently the defined rules for this game are more restricted - silly me. doh!

Best, HT

The guy that started the thread, 8 years ago, was drinking some fine wine at the time. He was thinking that mintmarks made it too easy. Your turn to buy the wine come January HT. It's going to be Fun.

Much as I like Irvin's quarter eagle, it should either be Classic Head quarter eagle's or 1839.

Looks like everything is ironed out and it's now Seated Dimes ( Type 1 ) 1839 - 1859

- or - any 1849 Dated Coin.

All I have are With Legend Obverses - nothing earlier. All my coins from the 1840's are

only dated 1847. There are not too many of those either, I'm sorry to say !!

Watching closely to inundate you with more Barbers... Have not seen too many

chances as of late. (shrug)

Bob my first impression of that coin is that it's beautiful and is a proof. Please tell me if I'm wrong. Not about the beautiful part, that's undeniable.

Bob my first impression of that coin is that it's beautiful and is a proof. Please tell me if I'm wrong. Not about the beautiful part, that's undeniable.

Good eye Sam. It is a PCGS PR65BN

Good eye Sam. It is a PCGS PR65BN

(thumbs u :hi:

I went to the Portland History Museum at the Portland Historical Society and seen this. This is pretty neat because this is what named Portland, Oregon Portland. You guys that are interested can read the plaquered.

ujymLy9.jpg

iF42aKV.jpg

Cool history thanks for sharing that one Curry. My only certified lg cent.

1856-Comp_zps52793c49.jpg

That's a nice one. I been trying how long to acquire either a chocolate brown one or a red one. I can't find nice brown ones and reds are out of my spending :(

1xy8zcll.jpg

bWZs84Yl.jpg

The 2 sides of the coin are not alligned. Its not often for me to see that.

Yeah, same here. By my estimate, 11.53% rotation. I could be off by a smidge