• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Follow the lead picture post.
8 8

10,606 posts in this topic

Bob those are some wild colors on your 42' proof.

Bob, you need to warn us to put sunglasses on before you show something like that! Wow

I know those aren't everyone's cup of tea, but in hand they are not quite as blatant and bright. When moving them in the light they look like little pieces of multi colored glass or enamel. If anyone has any that they are burdened with, I'll be happy to take them off your hands. :grin:

To get us back on track - how about a few error pennies? These are all 1957D, the first one is a die break, the second one is a very long, large die crack, and the third one is a nice lamination. Sorry about the tiny pictures, these are very, very old pictures from a scanner.

76618.jpg.e7ab1e64b5a6d0fbce1168d1ea3e273b.jpg

76619.jpg.53f27a91c98872ecf1e91da44009f850.jpg

76620.jpg.6ec1a5d72e7353fa190c9cd3c5361301.jpg

At first I thought you posted a three center, and I was gonna say that's outta line. Then I saw what it really is, and now I'm gonna say no fair. :P

lol, whats no fair about it?

It is a 1 cent, Its a pattern, It has the obverse of a 3 cent. I was trying to make it easy for the next person.

It is a 1868 so I would think that for the next coin you could have the following,

1 cent

pattern

obverse of a 3 cent

roman numeral

agricultural wreath

made of nickel

also the same size as a dime I belive.

As much as I love it, it's not the correct type or date.

Hum a one cent is not the same as a one cent. I am sorry I made that mistake.

I think we are supposed to stay within series - thus while its lincoln's we aren't supposed to post a large cent. I think its supposed to be same series or same year, not same denomination. Don't worry, no problems, no hurt feelings. Its a nice coin regardless of where it fits in the game.

As much as I love it, it's not the correct type or date.

Hum a one cent is not the same as a one cent. I am sorry I made that mistake.

I think we are supposed to stay within series - thus while its lincoln's we aren't supposed to post a large cent. I think its supposed to be same series or same year, not same denomination. Don't worry, no problems, no hurt feelings. Its a nice coin regardless of where it fits in the game.

Patterns ought to be considered wild cards. (wild coins?) :)

In my opinion the guy that started this thread years back had probably been drinking at the time. He set up only Commemoratives as wild if they joined in by date and that let you post any Comm. or any date on the coin. He never thought of patterns and thats just wrong. I would think if it joined in by date it would be wild. That would let you post any pattern or any coin of that date or denomination.

I'll go slap the guy that started the thread if he won't agree.

Getting to the pattern that was posted would be really easy.

I can't find the images to make it work but a 1909 Lincoln could go to a 1909 IHC to a 1868 IHC to the 1868 pattern.

I'll start it. We need a 1909 Indian cent.

Image_0955.jpg

Image_0958.jpg

In my opinion the guy that started this thread years back had probably been drinking at the time...

I'll go slap the guy that started the thread if he won't agree.

:roflmao: