• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Follow the lead picture post.
9 9

10,644 posts in this topic

I would like to add a picture of an 1853 with rays quarter but don't know how??? It is a beauty but.....What am I missing? Can someone send me a link, an explanation, or a pm to get me on track? Thanks

Edited by rons

A lot of folks on here use Photobucket which is free. You can upload pictures to that site from your hard drive and then copy and past the IMG Code below the picture to these message boxes. The IMG Code is the last of four choices for picture formats that you will see under each image.

Rey

Here is the link to my 1853 quarter with rays. I apologize for not knowing how to post the pictures. Give me some time and direction since I am a little slooow. :) I tried to capture the rainbow colors but..... The background is a piece of white paper so that gives you some idea of how off the coloring is. It really contains a rainbow of colors that change as your viewing angle changes.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ward.ron/1853o/photo?authkey=UqNct9SU8r0#5091236931238125890

Edited by rons

Thank you Rey, I appreciate all of your help with this. What a great site.

If you go to the link and click the arrow it is the second image. And thanks for the compliment :)

AH yes, the Obv looks very nice too. Try the photobucket as Rey recommended and you'll be able to drop these in your posts very easy.

Larry and Winston, nice Large Cents both.

Larry, I particularly like yours mainly because I also have an 1853 which was my first lesson in "artificial coloring." Some Bozo dipped it years ago apparently. It is posted in the TPG Dipping post on Tangents. ARRRGGGGHHHH.

Oh well,

Rey

Zach, nice looking SLQ! (thumbs u

Rons, Welcome aboard!!! :hi:

Larry, good looking LC! (thumbs u

Winston, good looking LC! (thumbs u

Nice LC Winston. These have seen better days. (:

I'm sure they Irvin, but now we get to see them these days!! (thumbs u

Larry always seems to keep this post kick-started, That is a good thing, it causes me to search and search.

Here is an 1818 Large Cent that was BBd by NGC and given AU 55 details with rim damage by ANACS. Bottom line, I don't care, it is still a lovely coin to me. Talking about connecting the dots (stars).

Rey

1818CoronetLargeCentAU55DetailsDama.jpg

1818CoronetLargeCentAU55DetailsD-1.jpg

Edited by rbrown4

Bottom line, I don't care, it is still a lovely coin to me.

"Super" coin!!!!!!! :)

1818LARGECENTSLABOBV.jpg

18181COB.jpg

18181CRE.jpg