• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Request: Designation Glossary On Web Site?

3 posts in this topic

I have a suggestion I think would be awesome. Would someone at NGC have the time and inclination to add a page to the web site describing all the additional designations NGC grants, along with the criteria (general or specific, as the case may be) the coin must meet in order to garner the designation?

If someone's already requested this, or I simply failed to find the page, please forgive the repetition. I just think it would be super to be able to refer quickly to the definitive description, say, of the star "*" designation and to see which coins are permitted it.

Thanks for your consideration,

Beijim

P.S. By the way, I love the existing articles on the site. Great reading from some superb authorities. In particular, I just read the one on toning and really enjoyed it.

B,

We really like your idea regarding these designations and the definitions that NGC uses internally when determining them. We will try to compile not only a written language on this, but add to it a visual guide if possible on our web site. Please look for this as part of our ongoing education for all collectors.

Thanks for the great suggestion.

Rick

Hi Rick,

Outstanding! Simply outstanding. Not only did your reply come about ten minutes after my post, but I'm really looking forward to seeing the result after you go my suggestion one better (illustrations)! Thanks for the wonderful response - the folks on this forum notice and appreciate things like this.

cloud9.gif

Beijim