• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Honest opinions welcome

7 posts in this topic

I must be dying from some incurable illness – luck like this only happens

when you are about to die… I went over to my sister’s for dinner and my

brother-in-law gave me a handful of old coins. He owns an insurance agency

and said they have been in their safe for years. There were a few Walkers

in there INCLUDING a 1938 D! How cool is that?! Please give me your

honest read on these coins as I have no qualms with selling them off if

they are problem coins.

Hays

walkersfb8zg.jpg

1938d0ps.jpg

Hays----Your brother--in--law gave you about a 100 dollar gift in the 38D on today's market---The coin is not original, however, and I would take my hundred and run and buy a nicer piece. The rest of the coins are common----silver value coins in fine--Vf condition. Also on the light colored side----probably washed at some time. The 42 coin is the best color. Can't tell if it is S or D?? If an S, it is the small date variety. That coin is original in any event. Bob [supertooth]

Bruce - I was kidding. It's just that my sister recently surprised me with a bunch of coins and

now I get a key date handed to me... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif maybe I should buy a lottery ticket

Bob - I was sending you a PM at the same time you were posting - so ignore that PM. The 42 is an S.

Hays

Hays, Regardless of the condition of the coins, you have been a blessed man with so many arriving unexpectedly. Makes up for living so far from a dealer. Congratulations and thanks for sharing your good fortune with us.

Hey Brotherman, I think your coins are way cool because of where they come from; a gift from your bro-n-law, its always nice when family knows what you are into, like coins, and can help you out by sending “finds” your way. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Keep them or not, they add the size of your collection. thumbsup2.gif

I must be dying from some incurable illness

Yes, you indeed are, that’s life! laugh.gif