• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My latest addition...

17 posts in this topic

...is a 1924 issue in MS67 (NGC). I placed a ridiculously low bid (way under GS bid) in an auction and ended up winning it confused.gif Everybody must have been asleep...

589a8aed3a49c_179304-1924NGCMS67obv.jpg.f064af0ef7786eeceaf5620e07531e23.jpg

Beautiful. i wish I could find a nice one to replace my "place-holder" 63 in my type set. I like the light champaigne toned ones. Seen some decent ones on feeBay lately but I always get snipped! 893frustrated.gif

Beautiful. Isn't it wonderful when people turn their heads at the most opportune time? Good luck with your coin.

Michael

Was this E-Bay, or one of the auctions running this week?

It was a Heritage auction a couple of weeks ago. I just got around to taking some photos of the coin...

A very nice coin with a super price. I'm always amazed by the Peace Dollar in that high grade. Those little beauties had to live a "charmed life" to survive in that condition. Congratulations for the nice find at the "right" price!

Really nice Peace Dollar. You do not see them that nice very often. The 1924-P issues often are kind of scuffy.

By the way, I have reimaged all of my Peace Dollar Registry Set. I bought an HP2210 and it seems to control color rendition much better than my old Epson scan machine. The old images were off-color and did not reflect the true luster of the coin very well. The new images are much better color representations of the actual coin. I have attached a scan of my 1924-S Peace Dollar for reference.

180328-1924SPeace.jpg.9b05462443a1945ef190e745100e86e5.jpg

The strike has quite a few weak areas. There's a couple of carbon spots if they're on the coin. MS65 is the best I can see this coin grading.

Leo