• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New toned Peace Dollar

12 posts in this topic

I snagged this on ebay and it just arrived today. It's in a new ANACS holder and I believe it would have cost a good bit more if the seller had used better pictures. sometimes poor pictures on ebay create nice bargains. grin.gif

First the ebay pic, and then a couple of my shots. The marks on the cheek and neck are relatively light though they look worse in the pics than they are.

1244608-1922-D.jpg

1922-D_1s.jpg

1922-D_2s.jpg

1244608-1922-D.jpg.c019771015cc0ae5e026940afa05dcee.jpg

This coin is in a new ANACS MS64 holder. I was a little disappointed with the number of marks on the coin for a 64. The graze on the cheek is very light but the one on the neck is a bit heavier. There also is more chatter than I would like on the eagle. Still, the luster is excellent an I like the color. I got this delivered for about $70 which I think is a decent price for this coin. I didn't mention (and it's hard to see) this is a Denver mint coin.

I don't think the coin is horrible at all for MS-64. I'd say it's a liner, between 63 and 64, and this time, it was given the benefit of the doubt due to the lovely originality and toning.

Honestly, I like this philosophy, where originality is rewarded. It means the coin will likely not be cracked out and dipped.

James

Purty pickup Randy 893applaud-thumb.gif

It's a shame that attractively toned Peace dollars are hard to find.

And Hayden, this one doesn't look like someone sneezed on it. Maybe they wiped their nose on the reverse a bit, but they didn't sneeze. yay.gif

And Hayden, this one doesn't look like someone sneezed on it. Maybe they wiped their nose on the reverse a bit, but they didn't sneeze. yay.gif

You're never going to let me live that down,are you? tongue.gif

In all truth though,you're a secret admirer of that coin. I can see it now:,the big poster size picture of it above your computer,the custom made obverse/reverse t-shirt,the... insane.gif