• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Third Tier Barber Half Addition. Mighty Fine 35

5 posts in this topic

Won this beauty last night. Nice coin, I thought. Its registered in my third tier set of Barber Halves...see attchment

1243532-1892ShalfPCGSVF35OBV.JPG.36fc0b1dce2f5c355865111c8f6d9e7c.JPG

I hope it's just an artifact of the scan, but the coin looks to have been lightened up a bit before slabbing.

I should have the coin in hand in a few days. Gil Aguiar sends out his goods very quickly. He's always getting decent mid range Barber halves; the competetion is stiff for these however.

I'm still looking for a few more upgrades...but all of the Barbers I have are nice in their own right. This design certainly held up well to circulation.

I'll repost here once I have the coin in hand. I also thought the coin seemed a bit light as well, time will tell.

confused-smiley-013.gif....you don't think PCGS would holder a cleaned coin do you ? poke2.gif

gossip.gif......I'm "shocked" if they did.

The coin arrived today. I am more than pleased with this coin. Take my word for it, the image does not do this coin any justice. There is actual luster around the rims and the coin is actually lighter in person than the flat grey image that is shown. If the angle of the coin were tilted ever so slightly, you'd see what I mean. There are absolutely no hairlines and just the occasional circulation marks that should be expected on a coin in VF 35. The surfaces are actually semi proof like.

Coin very well have been dipped a long - long time ago, but its retoned to a nice silvery off white with golden rims. I have never seen an image so far off to what the coin looks like in hand.

The 92-S has a variety, the Micro S. Sorry, folks, this ain't that variety. { I'm just not that lucky } . The mint mark is die filled at the lower curve of the S.