• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Narural toning (of coins) for my grandchildren

5 posts in this topic

I've had pennies and dimes in blue Whitman folders since the early '60's. A few of the wheats are corroded (ugly) but, mostly all appear as they did back then. I expect to pass these and some others one day to my grandchildren.

QUESTION: How should I keep them so that in 40 or so more years, they aquire legitiment and beautiful toning like I see on some of the posts?

tx,

Regis

If they haven't toned in 40 years then they are going to need a new home for the next 40 if you expect toning to form. Did Wayte Raymond make an album for small cents? If so that would be the first place to start......you could also leave then in the whitman folder and place sheets of tissue paper or other type of paper with a higher sulfer content within the album and close it back up?

If they haven't toned in 40 years then they are going to need a new home for the next 40 if you expect toning to form. Did Wayte Raymond make an album for small cents? If so that would be the first place to start......you could also leave then in the whitman folder and place sheets of tissue paper or other type of paper with a higher sulfer content within the album and close it back up?

Wayte rayomd sure did! I have some pages!! They are nice!

I have some Jefferson nickels that have been housed in a Whitman Album since 1980 and they have not toned even one iota.

I have some Jefferson nickels that have been housed in a Whitman Album since 1980 and they have not toned even one iota.

Jeffersons 'n Easleys?............thas kinda like da Hatfields 'n McCoys, ain't it? No wonder! I bet theys doin' it jist fer spite! devil.gif

Chris