• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1937-d Arkasas - Body Bag by NGC - "Stained"

4 posts in this topic

Morning Gents/ Ladies -

Just got my Return back from NGC and had one of my Arkansas set body bagged as

"Stained" This would have been the Completion of my set 1937. Looks like toning to me and very light at that. How is it determined to be stained - is this something on top of the coin or part of the metal like toning but a un natural metal derivative ???

Is this something that NCS can conserve to a point where NGC will slab it as it appears to be a MS64/65 specimen

Mike yeahok.gif

Staining is typically a form of environmental damage. Staining is generally something that professional conservation would not be able to help. There have however been instances where what appeared to be a staining actually was a residue that could be removed through professional conservation efforts.

Chris, NCS

Is there a fee for a determination on wether a coin can be Conserved back to a gradable state AND if conserved is there a guaranty when sent back over to NGC that it would be a gradeble coin. I honestly don't see what they are talking about on this coin.

m

The NCS conservation fees are made of two parts. The initial 1% fee ($5 minimum) is for the evaluation and this will be charged whether a coin is conserved or not. If the coin is conserved, the fee is an additional 3% ($15 minimum). These percentages are based on your declared value.

Chris, NCS