• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NumisMedia Pricing on Registry Sets...What exactly is this ?

3 posts in this topic

I have seen so many pricing guides - here, there and everywhere - that I am confused as to exactly what the values assigned to my coins by NumisMedia really mean.

Are these Full Retail, Dealer Ask, Dealer Bid, Wholesale or Previous Auction Result Prices ???

I just added another set of Franklin Proof Half Dollars ( my duplicates ) which I am considering selling off eventually. This set is now ranked # 60 and all the coins in this and my primary set ( currently ranked # 14 ) are all NGC graded coins.

I like the NGC holder for these large sized coins but I wish the inserts were black instead of white. Anyway, that's fodder for another thread.

Okay, 14 people have viewed this post and noone can answer the question.

If all 14 of you were curious as to the contents of this Thread, couldn't someone have shot back a quick response ?

I just noticed that the NumisMedia has a Q&A forum...I'll take it from here.

1243707-1950FranklinNGC67CAMobverse.jpg.6d8fa4b7aab8ce73b3d827d389d4bda4.jpg

No pricing guide is ever completely reliable. Some of the values listed in my registry set is right on, some are overvalued and some are undervalued.

On another note: The Coin World suppliment price guide seems more like a dealer's wish list in fantasy land than anything! mad.gif