• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would anyone care to guess.................

15 posts in this topic

what these two medals are selling for now? I purchased them late last year. The 1889 Universal Exposition cost me $21 and the 1900 Universal Exposition cost me $32.

1237024-IMG_0508.JPG1237024-IMG_0509.JPG

1237024-IMG_0506.JPG1237024-IMG_0507.JPG

Chris

1237024-IMG_0507.JPG.dc771fe74c581706b2f4f5b24f919c2d.JPG

Since they are beautiful and you obviously love them, Chris, I'd guess a buck twenty on the first and ninety five cents on the second. insane.gif

Hoot

Since they are beautiful and you obviously love them, Chris, I'd guess a buck twenty on the first and ninety five cents on the second. insane.gif

Hoot

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Thank you, Kelly! It's even prettier in-hand because of the irridescent toning, but I'm not yet accomplished in that aspect of my photography.

Chris

Okay, since nobody wants to play "The Price is Right", I guess I'll keep the surprise gift for myself.

Within the last two months, the 1889 Expo sold for $228. About six weeks ago, I found another of the 1900 Expo listed. I was really hoping that I would be able to get another one. Anyway, when the auction ended the high bid was $325.

Chris

Okay, since nobody wants to play "The Price is Right", I guess I'll keep the surprise gift for myself.

Within the last two months, the 1889 Expo sold for $228. About six weeks ago, I found another of the 1900 Expo listed. I was really hoping that I would be able to get another one. Anyway, when the auction ended the high bid was $325.

SELL! SELL! SELL! tongue.gif

SELL! SELL! SELL! tongue.gif

Sorry, Lou, but do you think one day NGC will encapsulate any of them with "Machuga Hoard" on the insert? laugh.gif

Thanks, everyone!

Chris

Chris

foreheadslap.gif Dang it! What a deal for you. This is proof-positive that any collector that says that they're in the hobby for the satisfaction factor only is not being wholely honest with themselves. This would give any collector warm-fuzzy feelings knowing that a $20 purchase appreciated 150 X's in less than a year.

A Machuga, banana dance in your honor, Chris:

yay.gifacclaim.gifyay.gifacclaim.gifyay.gif