• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are these stars under my name and why do I have 5 of them?

5 posts in this topic

They are you "rating" on the boards. If you click on someone's user name it will take you to a user profile page and on the bottom of the page there is a link that says something like "Rate this user" and it gives you the star choices. I assume five stars is the highest and one star the lowest. If you leave the cursor on your star rating under your name it will tell you how many people have rated you. You have been rated by one person thus far and I have been rated by 36 people thus far. As far as I can tell, there is no way to turn the system off and you can only rate each user one time.

I find the rating system to be a bit annoying, especially when applied to individual board members. In practical terms, they offer no benefit to any of us. But, if we get too few stars, then it raises the potential for us to become more self-concious.

I would not be sad to see this functionality disabled!

EVP