• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've decided to build a website...

124 posts in this topic

I am edditing this because something came to mind that I heard on the radio.Glen Beck was talking one day about some of the problems we as a nation have and how he boiled it down to shame.

There is not enough shame in America.

I don't expect that we will hear from him again because of His shame.

And the fact of the matter is if this is so then there is some redeaming quality there.

It's my understanding that all the kids got their prizes.

Thats a good thing.

It's also my understanding some people went above and beyond (jadecoin).

Those are some great guys.

But all this happened a while ago and some of us don't really enjoy picking at scabs.Yesterday is just something we can't change.

We learn and go on.

That being said...I return to your regular programming.

Calm down ID....It's all good.

The reason I post over on this side of the street is enjoy the serinity...

The Peace ....The love .....The coin...

If we don't seem to get as upset or indignant,I personally believe it's because he did not "Take us for the ride" that some believe happened across the street.

That being said.....I got a kickin Kennedy today.......and I am attaching it for you.

I know it's modern piece of crappe and it needs some love but I think even Russ would be proud.

Speaking of Russ if anyone posts over there tell him I sent him a PM over here.

Thanks and enjoy your Memorial day.

Well said. I'll chill a bit.

Edit to add.

After that I'll go puke.

Well said. I'll chill a bit.

Edit to add.

After that I'll go puke.

Larry -- It works better in reverse order. Puke and then chill. It's nature's way. flowerred.gif

I clicked the reply under IGWT's post, but this isn't directed at him. It's directed to the people who don't care,

or have decided this guy is okay because you like him and/or you're in denial it's the same guy.

1. We liked him across the street until he stiffed the kids for some gold coins he promised them in return for essays.

2. It is the same guy. Same name, same state, same interest in music, website the same as his previous screen name.

In a hobby where hundreds or thousands of dollars routinely changes hands, we have to be real careful around known untrustworthy people because we like them.

If you stiff people at one site, they don't suddenly become okay at another under a different screen name. Having said this, I understand people will want to overlook it because it happened somewhere else.

Fine, but be aware of it if he ever wants to have an essay contest, or have anything sent to him with a promise of him delivering something in return.

CLW I have been reading your posts for years and will say unequivocally,You are one of the good guys.

But to say or intimate people on this board don't care is a real stretch.

In my own personal opinion. I believe that a case has been made against the guy and he has had every opportunity to rebut but hasn't and that tells me a lot.

I personally am ashamed for him.

I have a 4 year old girl and to be honest I wouldn't have allowed her to enter an on-line contest where she had a chance of being disappointed by a stranger.

It's my job to protect her in ALL facets of her life.

Emotional as well as physical.

I accepted My responsibility at conception and will continue it till I am either dead or incapable.

I personally don't believe ANYONE on this board has "overlooked "his personality flaw,I just think we have digested the info and come to our own conclusions.

I would like to personally thank BRADDICK and all the others (Including You) who took the time to bring this to our attention.

Fore warned is fore armed.

Now I really am going to catch it I am sure but this is how I personally feel.

Personally it would bother me less had JohnZ

simply not responded to this thread at all after

his initial post (worse case, come on and lie,

as he did. Best case, respond with acceptance

of the truth and a sincere apology). But, please

re-read his very last post. He denies

being JohnZ when it is cleary proven, before

and after, he is.

That tells me nothing as changed. If he's so

willing to blatantly lie here, just a couple of

days ago, to all of you then where is the

character growth?

Everyone is free to handle all the information

provided in this thread as they see fit.

Personally I see this thread dieing a quick

death and all of us moving on to other adventures.

Personally it would bother me less had JohnZ

simply not responded to this thread at all after

his initial post (worse case, come on and lie,

as he did. Best case, respond with acceptance

of the truth and a sincere apology). But, please

re-read his very last post. He denies

being JohnZ when it is cleary proven, before

and after, he is.

That tells me nothing as changed. If he's so

willing to blatantly lie here, just a couple of

days ago, to all of you then where is the

character growth?

Everyone is free to handle all the information

provided in this thread as they see fit.

Personally I see this thread dieing a quick

death and all of us moving on to other adventures.

I see no dissagreement here at all.

braddick You gonna watch the races today?

No, Liz and I are out the door. Going to fire up the 65 Mustang (havn't taken it out in awhile), go for a walk in Del Mar and then off to Flower Hills to catch a movie.

Probably go to California Pizza kitchen afterward for dinner.

(Love their BLT pizza!)

thumbsup2.gif

No, Liz and I are out the door. Going to fire up the 65 Mustang (havn't taken it out in awhile), go for a walk in Del Mar and then off to Flower Hills to catch a movie.

Probably go to California Pizza kitchen afterward for dinner.

(Love their BLT pizza!)

thumbsup2.gif

Enjoy the cruise.

I have some money on Danica in the 500 (She was running 5th) If she stays in the top 5 I'll be buying a new coin.

Okay, I was going to hold off on commenting on this tread, which rapidly assumed the visage of a witch hunt. I can't speak for what happened several years ago on that other board, but I can attest to the treatment I've gotten from Jazzy.

About a month ago, I posted a thread about a trime I was watching on eBay. It quickly went out of my price range, and I made a passing comment about my disappointment. Jazzy was quick to step in and PM'ed me with an offer to mail me an assortment of coins as a consolation.

From my reply/thank you post:

The mystery PM he was referring to above was an offer by him to send me a small group of coins as a sort of 'welcome back to the hobby' gift. Jazzy was kind enough to send me a very interesting assortment of coins, including a very attractive large cent, my first error coin (a 2c piece with a 45 degree die rotation), and a great 1853 variety 1 trime (my first) amongst several other great coins.

Jazzy's letter to me, enclosed with the coins, should serve as an example to all collectors: "They are good, honest coins, never cleaned. I hope they find a place in your collection, and I hope they encourage your interest in the numismatic sciences."

Encouraging and supporting beginning (and beginning again) collectors is one of the most important things an experienced collector can do for this hobby of ours. I know that in years to come, I intend to honor Jazzy's example and do the same thing for other beginning collectors that I will come in contact with. And that, I think, is what this hobby is really all about: passing history and experience down from person to person.

Jazzy and I now have a trade in the process of being completed - a book for a coin. I fully expect to get the coin. My personal perspective on this crud-slinging mess is that Jazzy treated me right before and I don't know what the personal situation was for him regarding the contest mentioned previously. I'm not willing to judge someone for behavior they exhibited in the past if I don't know the details from both sides.

I have not looked at the details alleging that he was indeed the other poster who didn't follow through, but if they are true I am bothered by him denying that - although I can understand such a reply being made in the face of so many accusatory attacks, I would personally be satisfied (if I were the accusors) with a simple "I'm sorry, I screwed up, let's move on" Basically, however, as long as he's planning to treat me right, I don't have a problem with him. His actions are between him, God, and the other people he deals with.

Considering the transgression in question - the YN's were out time, but no money - I'm shocked by the venom being spewed here.

Considering the transgression in question - the YN's were out time, but no money - I'm shocked by the venom being spewed here.

What venom?

Someone asked if JohnZ was KennyG, and I indicated that JohnZ was outside the Circle of Trust™.

You want venom? Check out Jazzy's last post to this forum:

OK, well...your sister thought that was a very funny comment. Do you wanna talk to her? She's right here on the couch.

Where does that remark fit?

If JohnZ had ever posted that he was in trouble, got in over his head, and apologized, I certainly would have cut him some slack. We all make mistakes. We are judged by how we handle them.

As far as I am concerned, if JohnZ came back here or back to the US Coin Forum and apologized, he could be back in good graces.

Look, I really don't want to get involved with the chatter in this thread beyond what I already said. But to answer your question, "What venom?" I'd reply with ldhair's post:

"Where the hell are you Jazzy? Go ahead and tell us your side of the story. Tell us the truth for once."

That's venom in my book. Actually, I thought the sister comment was funny and didn't read it as Jazzy intending to be mean.

That's all I want to say on this topic. I just wanted to toss in my own positive experiences with the guy to try and balance out the thread somewhat. Take it or leave it. confused-smiley-013.gif

pendragon.....

Venom? Surely you jest. I am certain that is MILD compared to what some of us would like to post.

Considering what he did on the other forum, I and the others were pretty darn nice to him on here about it. He was given the opportunity to answer a question and chose to take the easy way out.

The kids were out no money.....So I suppose that makes it alright to screw over someone if they are out no money.

I'm with Pat on this one. If he had just admitted it was him and given his reason(s) for not coming through and apologized, I think many people would be willing to move on and let it die.

Until that time, if he pops up anywhere that has someone aware of the contest, he should be prepared to deal with the questions like a man.

There are so many generous people on both boards that if someone ran such a contest and truly got into some sort of problem and could not come through, I would imagine that items could have been raised by JazzyZ secretly through PM's with members.

I get sick of people trying to justify garbage like this. If this was some ebay seller or even a well known dealer, you guys would have him hanging by his balls somewhere and would completely BLAST him (with venom) each and every chance given. It would never die.

Personally, if I had not known about this, it is certainly something I would WANT to know about. Clearly, judging by the counter on this thread, I am not alone.

"Where the hell are you Jazzy? Go ahead and tell us your side of the story. Tell us the truth for once."

Yes, those were my words and yes, I was a bit ticked off at the time. A few of the post put me in that frame of mind. Sorry if this offended anyone!! I did need to shill.

Not every post here is going to be happy including mine.

I will promise this. My post will always be truthful even if it's not popular at the time. After 40 years in this hobby I put honesty at the top of the list of important stuff. smile.gif

Well here goes. I think I might understand why we have not seen Jaz since his last post. If I am correct, some one may have offended him. And it was in his last post.

JMHO

Maybe not knowingly offend.

I personally liked Jazzy's posts. But, I am still glad that any squirrelly behavior is called out.

Everyone on these boards that I have dealt with without exception are people with high integrity and maturity.

I hope that it remains that way.

((( Dennis/Jaderarecoin solicited forum members to contribute to a fund to buy prizes for the award-winning YNs )))

My good friend Dennis is definitely one of the good guys in the coin business. He truly cares about coins and the people who collect them, and puts their interests far higher than most dealers who only care about the money.

Shameless plug for a good coin guy:

You can buy coins from Dennis at Jade Rare Coin by clicking here.

James

James

You should put the link in your sigline. I've wondered if you had a site before. Big selection with a few very nice coins. thumbsup2.gif

I was about to put in an order on the 1823 AU50 half but I saw that it wasn't certified. frown.gif Looks like a nice coin at a low price for type.

James

You should put the link in your sigline. I've wondered if you had a site before. Big selection with a few very nice coins. thumbsup2.gif

I was about to put in an order on the 1823 AU50 half but I saw that it wasn't certified. frown.gif Looks like a nice coin at a low price for type.

EZ.. Thats Dennis's place.... Find James at www.earlyus.com Its in his profile laugh.gif

I like James' coins even better! PM sent to you, brother James.

p.s. Thanks for the correction, Brewster. blush.gifthumbsup2.gif

Victor, go the PM, and thanks very much. I do appreciate it.

I hadn't put my website in my sigline in order to avoid over-spamming, but since I've noticed that several others have it, and nobody's offended, I might just do that.

Thanks again thumbsup2.gif!!

James

Victor, go the PM, and thanks very much. I do appreciate it.

I hadn't put my website in my sigline in order to avoid over-spamming, but since I've noticed that several others have it, and nobody's offended, I might just do that.

Thanks again thumbsup2.gif!!

James

James,in my opinion you're allowed to put whatever you want in your sig. line. I always did wonder why you never had yours there.

Hayden

James,in my opinion you're allowed to put whatever you want in your sig. line. I always did wonder why you never had yours there.

Hayden

Just keep it discrete, like Hayden does. devil.gif

Hayden

Just keep it discrete, like Hayden does. devil.gif

Have whatever siglines you like. My profile (? by default) does not subject me to any of them. devil.gif