• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've decided to build a website...

124 posts in this topic

Ahhh . . . We'll be able to turn this thread in a completely different direction now that Hayden's here. In your absence, Hayden, I've chosen a new icon for you:

Shimano_XTR_Rear_Derailler.jpg

You know what that is? That's right . . . it's a derailler. grin.gif

I'm sorry Lou,remind me to drop out of school next year so I can derail threads to my heart's content. tongue.gif

Besides,you know that you enjoy it poke2.gif

Hayden is too busy laughing at the jokes I sent him.

Chris

How Are a Texas Tornado And a Tennessee Divorce The Same?

Somebody's Gonna Lose A Trailer

Is CU broken again?

meaning what?

That people who normally don't post here are showing up, stirring up old [embarrassing lack of self control] that doesn't really matter. I was trying to be subtle, but if you want blunt, then [embarrassing lack of self control] off, go away, and take this stupid [embarrassing lack of self control] with you.

I guess essentially that just makes you 1/3 More the Member then me. lol

I wouldn't say that. You probably contribute more here than I do, since the majority of mine has been playing around in the cooler. The CU post was to Xpipe and his red x(s) originally, btw (read the headers), as well as to the people coming out of the woodwork. You weren't included until you included yourself. Sorry.

But, I don't think I'm alone in not wanting a witchhunt over here, especially over something two years ago on another board. If I'm wrong, oh well. It wouldn't be the first time I was out on my own.

And, if it would have been one of my kids that had gotten "stiffed", they would have been disappointed. Most likely they would have received a consolation prize from me. It would have never have been made into a mountain like it was over there and, mostly, I would be disappointed in them if they could not forgive him two years later. makepoint.gif

Is CU broken again?

meaning what?

That people who normally don't post here are showing up, stirring up old [embarrassing lack of self control] that doesn't really matter. I was trying to be subtle, but if you want blunt, then [embarrassing lack of self control] off, go away, and take this stupid [embarrassing lack of self control] with you.

I wouldn't say that. You probably contribute more here than I do, since the majority of mine has been playing around in the cooler. The CU post was to Xpipe and his red x(s) originally, btw (read the headers), as well as to the people coming out of the woodwork. You weren't included until you included yourself. Sorry.

But, I don't think I'm alone in not wanting a witchhunt over here, especially over something two years ago on another board. If I'm wrong, oh well. It wouldn't be the first time I was out on my own.

And, if it would have been one of my kids that had gotten "stiffed", they would have been disappointed. Most likely they would have received a consolation prize from me. It would have never have been made into a mountain like it was over there and, mostly, I would be disappointed in them if they could not forgive him two years later. makepoint.gif

A simple question was asked. Members posted. Why criticize someone who doesn't post often over here for posting? As for people coming out of the woodwork-this thread is over a week old and only a few members have been contributing to it.

Is CU broken again?

meaning what?

A simple question was asked. Members posted. Why criticize someone who doesn't post often over here for posting? As for people coming out of the woodwork-this thread is over a week old and only a few members have been contributing to it.

Seriously, is CU down? I haven't been able to get on there all day. frustrated.gif (well, not really)

I'd never criticize anyone for coming here to post something useful, even if it was because the other board was down. If you posted here, you'd know that. poke2.gifwink.gif

Simply stated, No.

I am not that johnz across the street. In fact, I evidently no longer have an account with CU (I just tried to login) - I guess if you don't use it long enough, it expires.

Well, that's what I ask you for Jazzy.

Jump in here any time. smile.gif

are you the one and same "JOHNZ" that stiffed all of the young numismatists across the street?

(I'm putting it mildly and politely)

johnz.org is registered to the same John Z as across the street.

are you the one and same "JOHNZ" that stiffed all of the young numismatists across the street?

(I'm putting it mildly and politely)

Wow, Claw is right blush.gif

And, yes, CU has some intermittent interruptions. I got several "Service Unavailable" messages today.

Both are coin collectors. Both are musicians. Both Polish. Both live in Massachusetts...

Could it be that JohnZ is really KennyG? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Kenny-G.jpg

That is really a bong incognito. insane.gif

Spiny....

when people get shafted or when they see or hear of their friends being shafted.........they don't forget about that so easily whether it's been 2 weeks or 2 years.

I can say that there are places I won't go and people I won't deal with because either I've had a horrible experience or a friend or someone I trust has had a horrible experience.

when you have a close knit group like we have here and at PCGS and someone violates that, well I think you get what I'm saying.

Maybe JazzyJohnZ got in over his head over there?

Who knows unless he comes forward and says what happened. I've heard no explanations, much less apologies for not coming through for the kids so don't expect any forgiveness.

Other than the storms knocking out my TV/PHONE/INTERNET since 6pm last nite, PCGS has worked fine for me.

And Pat....the KennyG discs are NOT mine!

Pardon my techno-ignorance. How can you tell?

Clw54 works with computers and computer code for a living.

I'm sure of two things, when Claw states a fact, such as he did above in his post, it's accurate.

Second, Sometimes people get wrapped up in shananigans that once out of control is difficut to recover from. I hope, in Jazzy's case here, the left one drops and he man's up to does the right thing.

You can plug a website address into a site like this link and do a "Whois" search.

Who knows unless he comes forward and says what happened. I've heard no explanations, much less apologies for not coming through for the kids so don't expect any forgiveness.

He pretty much did all this a month or so ago. The detectives missed it. I don't know why he denied it when pressed. Maybe he thought he could get away by saying he wasn't THAT JohnZ, as in he'd changed. I don't why I got myself involved in this other than to try and head off a board wide mess like the last time. foreheadslap.gif

ah yes...detectives.

a parting shot?

Yes, I'd be curious to read as well Larry.

You can plug a website address into a site like this link and do a "Whois" search.

Yes. All you have to do is look up who registered the domain, which is public, then search for the name in the PCGS forums.

I have no idea of the shannanigan he pulled but I've enjoyed most of jazzy's posts over here. confused-smiley-013.gif

JohnZ held essay contest for YNs. He offered gold coins to the prize winners. About a dozen YNs spent a good bit of time and effort trying to win the contest. He announced the winners, and then split, withoutout giving out the prizes. Dennis/Jaderarecoin solicited forum members to contribute to a fund to buy prizes for the award-winning YNs. Then, JohnZ resurfaced, and offered to award the winners their prizes. If I am not mistaken, one child even received a prize from JohnZ, before he split again, never to be heard from (as JohnZ anyway) on the CU forum.

He promised quite a bit and failed to deliver, disappointing a lot of people in the process. If he had just admitted that the could not deliver on his promise, forum members would (and eventually did) step in and make up the shortfall and deliver the prizes. Instead, he cut and ran--twice. He certainly has lost the trust and respect of everyone on that forum.

Above is my recollection of the events.

I don’t know enough about computers, codes, and such to tell if he is the same guy or not and frankly I don’t care. I’m not going to stop talking to him here. I have always enjoyed Jazzy’s posts BESIDES it’s none of my business what happened over there and he owes me no explanation. The only person that knows the whole story is that JohnZ person – apparently he is not talking.

I’ll give Jazzy the benefit of doubt.

Hays

This whole deal really got to me.

With all the bad stuff we hear about in this great hobby, this giveaway was such a positive fun thing for the YNs.

Instead it turned into just another sad lesson in life.

I really felt for the moms and dads that had to explain it to their kids. A bit of a black eye to the idea of trust and honesty on the forums.

I know things can happen in life that can keep us from our word but, one must stand up at some point and be honest.

It looks as if, it was not that day.

I don’t know enough about computers, codes, and such to tell if he is the same guy or not and frankly I don’t care. I’m not going to stop talking to him here. I have always enjoyed Jazzy’s posts BESIDES it’s none of my business what happened over there and he owes me no explanation. The only person that knows the whole story is that JohnZ person – apparently he is not talking.

Hays

I felt the same way at the start of this thread Brotherman.

If I lied to you more than once would you still trust me? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif There is no doubt left to give.

Hays

Hays,

If past is prologue, we will not see Jazzy here again.

As I said earlier in the thread and my children learned from the Berenstain Bears, trust is something not easily fixed when broken.

Hays

I felt the same way at the start of this thread Brotherman.

If I lied to you more than once would you still trust me? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif There is no doubt left to give.

That's kind of my point Larry. He never did lie to me.

Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for those kids - I really do; I'm just not so sure it is the same guy. It would be sad if it is the same guy, even then I wouldn't stop talking to him. I don't know the whole story but it seems like more is going on here than some sort of scam. After all, what was he getting out of this?

It might be a moot point. It doesn't look like he has posted in awhile.

Hays

That's kind of my point Larry. He never did lie to me.

Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for those kids - I really do; I'm just not so sure it is the same guy. It would be sad if it is the same guy, even then I wouldn't stop talking to him. I don't know the whole story but it seems like more is going on here than some sort of scam. After all, what was he getting out of this?

It might be a moot point. It doesn't look like he has posted in awhile.

Hays

Well the names are the same,and I doubt their are many Zelinskis around.;)But I don't really know what all went on over on the PCGS boards,and as a friend of John's, I would appreciate his side of the story. I think I speak for many of us here when I say that I would miss his posts (and even a little of his humor) if he were to leave us.

Simply stated, No.

I am not that johnz across the street. In fact, I evidently no longer have an account with CU (I just tried to login) - I guess if you don't use it long enough, it expires.

Jazzy lied to everyone here.

Several folks here knew the real truth from the get go but held back a bit to give him a chance to come clean and to tell his side of the story.

He chose to lie again to everyone. Let me say that again!!

He chose to lie again to everyone.

Where the hell are you Jazzy? Go ahead and tell us your side of the story. Tell us the truth for once.

Something tells me that's not going to happen but, we will see him again under a new ID and I hope those with all the faith are not hurt by his actions.

I am edditing this because something came to mind that I heard on the radio.Glen Beck was talking one day about some of the problems we as a nation have and how he boiled it down to shame.

There is not enough shame in America.

I don't expect that we will hear from him again because of His shame.

And the fact of the matter is if this is so then there is some redeaming quality there.

It's my understanding that all the kids got their prizes.

Thats a good thing.

It's also my understanding some people went above and beyond (jadecoin).

Those are some great guys.

But all this happened a while ago and some of us don't really enjoy picking at scabs.Yesterday is just something we can't change.

We learn and go on.

That being said...I return to your regular programming.

Calm down ID....It's all good.

The reason I post over on this side of the street is enjoy the serinity...

The Peace ....The love .....The coin...

If we don't seem to get as upset or indignant,I personally believe it's because he did not "Take us for the ride" that some believe happened across the street.

That being said.....I got a kickin Kennedy today.......and I am attaching it for you.

I know it's modern piece of crappe and it needs some love but I think even Russ would be proud.

Speaking of Russ if anyone posts over there tell him I sent him a PM over here.

Thanks and enjoy your Memorial day.

1249345-sms.jpg.30d08296fcf05684d8f253ab3c583dbe.jpg