• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Live Internet Bidding

4 posts in this topic

I never looked at live internet bidding before, and I see that the buyers premium is 5% more if you do it (for Goldberg's), but since I changed my mind about a particular coin and decided I should bid on it, too late for submitting an absentee bid, I joined the live auction.

I was horrified when my cat jumped on my keyboard. If that enter key was hit, I would have officially placed an unwanted bid. How do you know if your computer, or your internet provider or something wierd doesn't send a return, or that you don't send one unwittingly.

I don't think live internet bidding is for me.

It is also easy to bid on the wrong lot with live internet bidding. Sometimes the photos don't load in sync with the actual lot and you think you are bidding on the image that is on your monitor but your not!

I

I was horrified when my cat jumped on my keyboard.

I don't think live internet bidding is for me.

lol Tell us how you would you have felt if this had occured while you were watching that 1892-S Morgon close at $90000. 893whatthe.gif

Gotta love those cats! insane.gif

Leo

Heh heh, I had pretty much the same reaction this evening (minus the cat) as I watched the Superior auction fly by. While I saw a few lots actually won by Internet bidders, all the high ticket items were won by floor bids. Seeing that button with numbers like "$20,000" on it was, I'll admit, pretty amusing. One mouse click away from regret...

893naughty-thumb.gif

Beijim