• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lincoln freaks... count me in

10 posts in this topic

i'm into all the US series' - but Lincolns are the only one where i'm into every single variety.. (well maybe kennedy's too)

not that this site isn't "all that" - but does anyone know of a site that specializes on lincolns.... ? a forum where i can ask about a 1987 D ddo would be super. not that i can't here, but a Lincoln-focused type forum would be slick... anyone?

and speaking of lincolns... i just picked up an 83 ddr... far out. included was a little piece of paper from 1985 claiming that only 3000 are in existence... *1985* - i'll assume this number is inaccurate due to the date of the 'report' - but i've gotta wonder how close they are.... only 3000? there has to be more... right?

the 1955 is estimated at 20,000.. and the '72 is 'comparable' to that... 3000 '83 ddr's would mean.... well you know what i'm getting at.................. what you all think about these eh

and furthermore (see this is why i'd like a seperate forum - i could go on about lincolns all day long)

is the 99 wide AM really as rare as they say it is...? and why did the 98 & 00 drop so drastically from the 05 - 06 redbooks? i've never found one...

seems like investing 500 in a 99 would be questionable at this point

and how about that 92D close AM - VERY rare?

Lincoln varieties are very cool and there are a few guys here are very knowledgable in them.. Such as Billy, Murhpy, Vulcan and others.... I love to look at the varieties, but can't help on the rariety factor. Billy has a great book out from what I hear. Hopefully he will chime in here. Those are some sweet pieces you got there. Nice pickups Congrats!

Yikes! Ever hear of the 'edit post' button?!poke2.gif Just kidding grin.gif

Sorry - I'm still a little cross-eyed from sorting through another pound or two of lincolns from the Big Ol' Penny Jar in the corner of my computer room. I'm starting by sorting it by decade, then I'll go through and pick out a year/mint mark set for 59-date, and meanwhile keep an eye open for rarities. Why I didn't sort the bloody things before I dumped them into that jar in the first place, I'll never know...

ha ha ha - yeah i just say what the [embarrassing lack of self control] i want, it's just the net... and if i get banned, theres a hundred other forums to post at - it ain't rape if she blinks twice for yes hehe

chicken soup cures the aids!!!

love,

McKinley

(i'd still like to find a lincoln specialized forum)

(i'd still like to find a lincoln specialized forum)

CD has both a forum and a chat board over at coppercoins that were made just for that.