• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marine Corps $'s

3 posts in this topic

I have several of the 2005 Marine Corps $ Commems as well as the Coin and Stamp sets. Recently, I purchased some of the (authentic)1945 Iwo Jima 3c stamps. Would it be possible for NGC to grade and encapsulate one each of the PF & the UNC $'s in a multi-coin holder and place the stamp in the holder, too? I think it would look really nice to mount the stamp between the two coins.

Chris

• Administrator

Hi Chris:

Thanks for your inquiry. This sounds like a neat idea, but, unfortunately, this is not something that NGC can do.

Our holders and labels contain no adhesives because they have the potential to degrade and alter the interior environment of the holder. NGC certification is a guaranteed product, which is enabled in part by the premier storage system for rare coins, the NGC encapsulation. Our label papers are acid free, and our plastics components are inert and exceptionally high grade. We will not introduce foreign materials or papers into our holder without tested and proven barriers in place.

Regards,

Thanks, Scott. GOOD POINT! It never entered my mind that the glue on the back of the stamp could pose a hazard for the coins. You just kept me from making a stupid mistake. I guess I could just lick the stamps and put them on the back of the slabs. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Chris