• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chelmsford Ma. coin show yesterday

11 posts in this topic

BUSY! A lot of traffic, and the show's promoter turned away 7 dealers looking to set up this month. The show is getting better and better. I saw a bunch of higher grade, better early copper. A lot more than usual. Most of it was out of my range, but was nice to see. One dealer picked up a decent group of toned Morgans. Some decent coins, but outrageous asking prices. I don't think they were going to sell at the levels the dealer was asking. Fresh stuff though, so who knows.

A common date cc with some not quite monster toning in the $700 range, if my memory serves me. Quite steep for the coin ($250 would seem realistic) Toneddollars may remember the coin more-so than I. I peaked, but didn't pay much attention to the coin.

Quite a few dealers gearing up for Long Beach. Most seemed upbeat.

I didn't notice much gold out there. Maybe dealers are holding back, anticipating a little run?

I bought a ton of "stuff", but nothing for me. I may keep the Vancouver I picked up for myself. I'll post some pic's a little later.

Sorry not much decent seated stuff floating around. That I saw anyway.

Here's some pic's of the Vancouver I picked up.

177050-Vancouverobv.jpg.71a5c5202d2344e17d3d71498bd4fcc9.jpg

And the reverse. The coin has AMAZING luster. As PQ as can be imagined for a ms/64. I may just have to send this one in for an upgrade shot. It's too nice for a 4 laugh.gif

177054-Vancouverrev.jpg.5c428a9ffe225ac12343deba4cbcf752.jpg

The coin was an 1882-cc in a pcgs 63 holder. The dealer was looking for $695. He WILL own this piece for a long time at that price. Now as I say that I remember this saying an old timer told me once "there is a seat for every in the world"

Nice Vancouver. Is there some chatter in the fields on both the obverse and reverse? If so, I think it will stay in an MS64 holder.

bigd5,

I have to agree with TomB. Vancouver's are known for coming with very good to outstanding luster, but from the scans I think there are too many small ticks for the coin to make 65. Vancouver's are one of my favorite early commems and I have seen a good number of them in 64, 65, & 66. I don't mean this in a negative way, I am just trying to be helpful and maybe save you the grading fee. smile.gif

John