• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walkers do come in a variety of colors if you look hard enough

8 posts in this topic

After Dr. “Supertooth” Bob wrote his article on walkers I decided to show the varieties and vibrant colors that almost match what can be found in the Morgan dollar series. Though not commonly found, it is the challenge to find these jewels that keeps me in hobby. The first three pictures are a kaleidoscope of colors. Picture four is a crescent rainbow, five is and example of a peripheral gem toned MS coin in a AU-58 holder because of a breast rub, and the last is a beautifully artificially toned walker.

1943d46d.jpg

1947ngc.jpg

1946dd.jpg

1945p.jpg

1942s.jpg

Well, Hello Gary, old buddy. Glad that you would take the time to post. Our quiet little street welcomes you!! Personally, I like #4 the best. Putting pictures up helps all of us to see what can be done---both good and bad---with the colors on certain coins. Thanks!!! Bob [supertooth]

While I agree that the last coin is clearly AT, I would't call it beautiful, but that is simply my opinion. Of the coins in your set, I like the AU58 the best. Nice coins! thumbsup2.gif

You've got some nice examples there.....I don't think folks truly realize how tough it is to find toned walkers unless they have actually searched for them......it would seem that 95% are blast white dipped coins so when you find one with color....you've got to latch onto it thumbsup2.gif

You are correct and PCGS agrees with you.

1942.jpg

You know if I had read a bit better I would have seen the AT reference