• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello, new user here.

18 posts in this topic

Just wanted to say hello. I have been reading the NGC boards for quite a while but just now decided to start posting. I have read some of the boards at other locations but have found NGC to be the best.

Lately I have been collecting silver Roosevelt dimes. I try to stay with white coins. Nothing against toned coins or the collectors of toned coins, but I like coins that look the way they did when they left the mint. I have also just started collecting Jefferson nickels and have become interested in Barber coinage.

Nothing against toned coins or the collectors of toned coins, but I like coins that look the way they did when they left the mint.

I also like white coins. I am always glad to hear that another collector appreciates white coins because, as you said that is the way they looked when they left the mint. smile.gif

John

Welcome.

So, what's up with Priest Holmes? Is he going to pull a Bo Jackson on Kansas City? I hope not.

Good luck on your Roosevelts, you should be able to find plenty of superb pieces that are all white or nearly white. If you extend into MS Barber coinage you will find it not only expensive, but, also tough to find in original white. smile.gif

Aaron, WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure you will like it here and find interesting and informative threads!!!!

mike

---------------------

dont forget! collect proof sets!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

welcome to the boards!!

so you like white coins as when they left the mint

and barbers

well here is a barber fresh off the press

off a new die to boot

and one of the first off of this die!

sincerely michael

175814-10quarterDCAM.jpg.0f9abd1ad0bae4f5c2318aeab062c0f8.jpg

Hello Daddy-o, I love Roosies, especially with the new Full Torchie designation. It has made it fun searching for them......

So, what's up with Priest Holmes? Is he going to pull a Bo Jackson on Kansas City? I hope not.

It is all rumor on the status of Priest. Priest isn't talking and the Chiefs aren't saying much. I am just waiting to see.