• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any civil war token collectors? I just got this one.

11 posts in this topic

I got this at the Cleveland Show last week for 18.00. Looks to be a nice XF/AU? Obv. says CINCINATTI. WRIGHT. 1863.

Had to have it when I saw the reverse, or is that the obverse?.......attached above.

One of these days I am going to get a monitor token too.

174916-MVC-027S.JPG.14fb5d1448b6962107ac4ef6e3cce4cc.JPG

Very cool token! Incredible diversity in Civil War tokens, from what I have read. Congrats Goose.

Hoot

Very cool, goose3! smile.gif Have you ever seen the one that I have that is struck from a shattered obverse die? The thing looks like a spider web. 893whatthe.gif

Tom

please post a pic of yours. It sounds JUST like the one I sold SeanJ (KK)!!!!!!!!!

For those of you that were not aware........Rick Snow has a TON of CWT's on his site!!! And looking at them yesterday I think there are a couple of the ones like I just bought on there.

Also, if anyone looks at those many of them are NGC graded. I can't believe some of the grades that they call most of them. Look at them and you might see what I mean.

I'll try to get a scan of it on the web tonight. Oddly enough, KK had seen an old scan that I had of that token and he thought it was very cool.

Tom

if you get time check out Snow's CWT's and see what you think. He has QUITE a selection!

After looking at them I'd have to say mine is a Solid AU+

I'll bet you and KK have the same ones now. Mine was an indian head and it looked just like a spiderwebbed window! Was very neat. I should have kept it. 893frustrated.gif

Mine was an indian head and it looked just like a spiderwebbed window! Was very neat. I should have kept it.

The token you sold was issued by the Broas Brothers who ran a pie baking business in New York City. It was made from a shattered die, and like most Broas tokens, it is pretty common. If you want another, I think I have one in stock. Send me an email at billsnotes@attbi.com, and I'll get back to you in a week. I will be away this week.

I don't sell certified CWTs. From what I've seen, they are overgraded and overpriced. But sadly the idea is catching on with beginning collectors. It's a shame that neither of the leading services that are slabbing CWTs are doing a very good job. frown.gif

Thanks bill I just fired you an email.

I agree that they sure seem to be overgraded!