• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

standing liberty half carbon spot

2 posts in this topic

is there hope of removing this spot. photo is not very high quality, but both sides have a very nice even golden tone to them. the coin is the first coin I ever bought about 23 years ago. I recently pulled this coin out of storage to find this carbon spot, had not looked at it in nearly 10 years. It has been in the same 2x2 mount since the 80s, the spot was probably there 10 years ago but not as large. there must have been something in the mount when I stapled it. thanks for your help.

1206866-1943SLRev.JPG.bed156054d615f11fae878ad32ca3bf5.JPG

It is difficult to give an evaluation from an image. Professional conservation could likely reduce if not eliminate the spot on your coin. Without actually seeing it, I would not be able to give you a degree of success. Likely the color on the rest of the coin would be affected. Once I actually see the coin I would be able to give you a more definitive answer.

Chris, NCS