• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1794 Amon Carter $ in PF66

46 posts in this topic

Greg,

I do know who Cardinal is. Sorta, not well, but we converse on rare occasion. We have a mutual friend who is also a student of the series. Like many people in the coin biz, I've never actually met him face to face.

Seriously, though, that wording in the blurb is not precise nor conclusive. I honestly think he does not have an 1804, nor does he care to (he doesn't like the restrikes).

EVP

Seriously, though, that wording in the blurb is not precise nor conclusive. I honestly think he does not have an 1804, nor does he care to (he doesn't like the restrikes).

I agree about the blurb. Maybe Cardinal will jump in this thread and answer the question?

The odd thing is that the 1804 is in an NGC slab last I heard. I was under the impression that PCGS balked at including the 1885 Trade $ in the case with TDNs other coins. Maybe I misunderstood. I know that PCGS is allowing Cardinal's 1794 NGC $ to be in the case, but I would think that they wouldn't be too pleased with including any super-rarity in an NGC slab in their case.

PCGS never had the option to have the 1885 in the same case with the rest of the set last LB because the 1885 was the featured display coin for the show. They did, however, balk at having the 1884 in the case.

NGC trade dollars just get less respect than NGC flowing hair bust dollars, I guess! grin.gif

I was told Cardinal that I didn't think his collection of early dollars was complete without an 1804. He replied that he did not feel that an 1804 would fit into his collection because it was not a regular-issue coin, and that he had no desire to own one.

EVP,

What did you mean about doing a "Demi Moore" over the coin? Does that mean you'll get pregnant & appear naked with a severely distended abdomen on the cover of a nationally distributed magazine??

I think Tangible/Superior is contributing the King of Siam 1804 dollar to the display (on loan from its owner) just to make it even more mind-blowing ... Gary Carlson was instrumental in helping Cardinal form his collection.

Sunnywood

Greg-

This is off the subject, though I thought you might appreciate the "heads-up". I ran across a post over there with your name on it. Some poster named doops has said some very uncomplimentary things about you and your father. Thought you would like to know.

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=192797&STARTPAGE=2

I'm not sure if this provides a link or not. You can search for your last name and find the thread.

While it may be off subject, it will most likely be informative to Greg, and, it will definitely be an improvement over where this post was previously headed wink.gif!

For those that don't know, doops, AKA jeff funderburke, AKA pepperdoodles on eBay is one of the true scumbags of the industry and I've called him on it many times and he has been proven to be a complete scumbag. He took "optimistic" photos of a coin and hyped it and ended up selling it to a forum member for way over its true value. Then when the forum member realized what a piece of junk it was, he refused a return. Sadly, he buys stuff based on pictures and if it isn't a jackpot winner, he returns it and if you won't accept his return, he throws a hissy fit, threatens you (in many ways), and tries to trash you.

He sent me threatening email several times. I actually wrote back to him that I was laughing at him and he was a (insert a choice few words here). He still didn't get it. Told me he was going to report me to eBay. 27_laughing.gif I laughed at him and dared him to report me. He still didn't get it. I got several more emails from him that I never responded to. He still didn't get it.

He told one forum member that he was going to go to a show "with bail money" and take care of him. Real nice guy.

Let him post all he wants over there. The more he opens him mouth the more people (potential buyers) realize what a scumbag and lying piece of [!@#%^&^] he really is. Maybe more posters over there will realize what kind of people David Hall wants to post over there and the good ones will come over here and to N.A.

One day maybe doops will come to a show out here or I'll be at a show where he is. We'll see how big and tough he is when he is face to face with me. My guess is that he will pee in his pants and run for the safety of security. laugh.gif

Greg-

This is off the subject, though I thought you might appreciate the "heads-up". I ran across a post over there with your name on it. Some poster named doops has said some very uncomplimentary things about you and your father. Thought you would like to know.

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=192797&STARTPAGE=2

I'm not sure if this provides a link or not. You can search for your last name and find the thread.