• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Do You Procure Your Coins?

By frequency, most of my coins are procured through (can choose 2) ...  

288 members have voted

1. 1. By frequency, most of my coins are procured through (can choose 2) ...

1 post in this topic

I'm just curious to learn how most people here collect 50% or more of their coins. Me, I'm mainly a circulation kind of guy where I mainly go through change I get from monetary transactions, I make the occasional trip to the bank to get rolls to look through (or buy $65 in pennies from our cleaning lady 8 years ago), buy "unsearched" pennies from dealers (done that twice), and lately I've been buying nickel and half dollar bags (not quarter bags ... don't have enough money to keep up with all 10 quarters per year with what the Mint charges) and Sacagawea rolls from the Mint. Occasionally, I'll buy some nice coins from dealers, and of course I buy proof sets and silver bullion from the Mint yearly.

So I'd say by frequency, 50% comes from circulation, 35% from bank rolls, 10% from the Mint, and 5% from dealers.

My number, 15% from circulation, 30% from bank rolls, 50% from the Mint, and 5% from dealers.