• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What coins do you collect for the Dansco 7070 album?

10 posts in this topic

I have searched the web but all I find is places that sell the album, nobody lists the coins that you put into them! Does Dansco even have a website of their own? I am hoping this is a type set – maybe one of every type of coin minted in the US??

[embarrassing lack of self control]. I guess I started this thread backwards.

I think I would like to do a set that has one coin from every series minted in the US. What album would you suggest?

Hays

Wait a minute, guys. This thread is all about Brotherman. blush.gif

Thanks for the compliments. I should never have reduced the pix by 50%, though. Just can't see any detail but it gives the big picture.

Yes, that is a 2003 Canadian cent in the FE slot. Good eye. It was in the 1909 VDB slot and I show Michael a snap shot of the page and he commented what a great '09 that was. tongue.gif Sorry for spilling the beans, Mike. cool.gif

It is just to keep it safe since it is sentimental from when my daughter and I went to Vancouver. It is a high grade, proof-like coin that I got in change.

And, yes, all the certified coins were broken out of slabs. I wish that I broke the 1892 PR64 Cam Barber Quarter out and placed it in the album because now, I can't find it! mad.gif I have no idea how I could have misplaced it. Last time I saw it was when I entered the certification number on the registry set. confused-smiley-013.gif So, just goes to show you that having the coins together is also added security in a way.

Notice that some of the coins are just fillers. Also notice that some of the coins are toning. The Proof Liberty nickel was conserved a year and a half ago and is now toning around the edges. The Arkansas state quarter and some of the other moderns are also toning. The 1976 quarter showed some aweful toning from a long past contaminent.

BUT, notice that the original, thick skinned, classic coins were not affected at all. They are protected where the bare-naked coins are subject to the environment. Remember this before you think that stripping or conserving a coin is the best move!

Ha- ha 27_laughing.gif

No worries Victor. You obviously put a lot of time and effort on that set and deserve a pat on the back! I just ordered my very own (and very empty) Dansco 7070 album today. I hope to follow in your footsteps and put together my own praise worthy set.

Hays

Ha- ha 27_laughing.gif

No worries Victor. You obviously put a lot of time and effort on that set and deserve a pat on the back! I just ordered my very own (and very empty) Dansco 7070 album today. I hope to follow in your footsteps and put together my own praise worthy set.

Hays

cool.gif