• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Elite Clashed Morgan Dollars by Mark Kimpton

5 posts in this topic

Well, I've found a new book to read that is a tad lighter than the VAM Book. I got my copy yesterday of this new release and I've found that just reading the Foreword and Introduction is interesting. It also provides an obverse overlay and a reverse overlay so you can see what goes where. I was surprised to learn how very few of the die clashes have been documented. As a matter of fact, I have quite a few that were not mentioned and I will be submitting them for authentication in the near future.

If any of you Morgan collectors are interested in this book, you can contact Mark Kimpton, e-mail: mark_kimpton@hotmail.com

Chris

As a matter of fact, I have quite a few that were not mentioned and I will be submitting them for authentication in the near future.

thumbsup2.gif

Where is there a complete list of all VAMs? Who can authenticate any if you think you have a new one? How much is the book?

The Comprehensive Catalog and Encyclopedia of Morgan and Peace Dollars by Leroy Van Allen & A. George Mallis contains a large majority of the VAM's, but many have been added as updates that are available at selected online sites. This book sells for about $40. Leroy Van Allen authenticates VAM's for a nominal fee unless they are new varieties. If so, the service is free and the only charge is for return postage by registered mail. For details, you can contact Mr. Van Allen by e-mail: vams@bright.net

Elite Clashed Morgan Dollars is $24.95 + $3.95 shipping and can be ordered via Pay Pal with Mark's e-mail address.

Chris