• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,936 posts in this topic

Finally recieved these today to complete the SMS set for these. Odd thing about that, I ordered all the coins on the same day from the same retailer, but they felt the need to send one box through Smartpost, one typical US Mail, and one Priority. Ironically the Typical US Mail shipment arrived first with the Priority shipment arriving a day later and here it is almost a week and a half later, the Smartpost shipment finally arrives.

-Chris#2

DSCF0086.jpg

DSCF0085.jpg

DSCF0084.jpg

DSCF0083.jpg

Here are some photos taken last night of the raw 1950 proof set I picked up over the weekend:

Lincoln - Nice Cent with great contrast, the reverse fingerprint sucks.

19501c.jpg

Jefferson - IMHO the highlight of the set.

19505c.jpg

Roosevelt - a few hairlines in the right obverse field, but nice contrasting coin.

195010c.jpg

Washington - Several hairlines in both right and left obverse fields and a strong frost on the bottom of the portrait but almost no frost above the curls.

195025c.jpg

Franklin - Very little cameo contrast, and several hairlines in the Obverse fields, but a very attractive reverse.

195050c.jpg

On that 50 proof set..../ did it come in the original cellophane? It is possible that's just glue and should be able to be removed with acetone. I know I posted on your other thread that it looked like someone tried to conserve it, but it is altogether possible that it's just glue. All the early box set proof coins suffered from this problem.

On that 50 proof set..../ did it come in the original cellophane? It is possible that's just glue and should be able to be removed with acetone. I know I posted on your other thread that it looked like someone tried to conserve it, but it is altogether possible that it's just glue. All the early box set proof coins suffered from this problem.
It wasn't in cellophane, it was in a capital holder...I may give acetone a shot...am I correct that acetone doesn't discolor copper as coin dip does?

Chris#2

That is a very nice penny, I just find there so many of them to learn about.

And I am still trying to figure out the ones I have.lol

Beat of luck with them

Alan

Got me another !!

OK it's just one, but that makes one less to go lol

I have been watching all the coins this week.

And I have to say thanks to everyone for sharing such GREAT coins.

I look forward to seeing new coins and I am never let down

Alan

1993jsfferson.jpg

Hi Folks

Here are a couple that I got lately that I haven't shown yet . These will be set free when they get here to reside the next few years in the F-VF Dansco

Sam /coindude imaged them for me so here they are

1825a35o1012.jpg

1826a25o108a2.jpg

Heres a little better pictures of the Penny I got today, I got several others as well such as 1957,1960, 1961 and 1962. All in the same shape as this one or slightly better.

-Chris#2

1942CentObverse.jpg

1942CentReverse.jpg

X2

Thanks I really enjoyed seeing thous coins.

I can't help but think of the history behind each one.

Who held them and how after over 180 years they came to you !

Alan

Edited by acan451

I just bought this coin for my daughters collection a 1936 P Oregon Trail Comm... after looking at coin after coin after coin, I don't have it in hand as I just purchased it but here is the link, any feedback would be nice as I'm very new to posting....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=120672437366&si=6GnXMD3RR4hBlkpqF6aL94Xftuw%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Nathan