• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,936 posts in this topic

my purchase today gets even better :) I bought 16 mint sets and a few mid-70's proof sets to contribute to a couple sets I am working on, well, included inside a 1979 mintset I found two 1957A Silver Certificates. I figure that made the trip across the bridge just that much better :)

-Chris#2

You are doing well for yourself Chris.

So you take the sets apart and use the coins you need to help complete sets you are working on?

Sorry may be a dumb question but I am still very new to coins in general.

Alan

Alan,

Currently I am working on a few modern sets, so what I have been doing is buying several of each mint set to get the coins I am missing. By buying several of each set I can choose which coin is in best condition so that I can seperate the sets to add just those coins to my albums. Since my sets are in dansco or littleton books with the sliding windows it helps me keep my cost down currently on the investment funds for each of those sets. Every now and then I pick up a slabed coin here and there if I find a fantastic deal on them, such as the quarters and franklin I have already posted pictures of here in this thread.

-Chris#2

Hey Lance

Now that is one very impressive trade dollar

I don't know allot about them, my fault I should read more coin books lol

But if not for people like you showing people like me I would not see them.

It also makes people say wow I wounder if I could start a collection like that

So Thanks

Alan

Edited by acan451

Hey Bobby

Did you see my Jefferson page 1172 bottom.

Take a look and let me know what you think.

Alan

Got a link? I'm not sure where to look Alan.

Changed the pictures of the Georgia quarter. Not too bad for only a single light in a dark house. I just got the camera about 20 minutes ago. I'll retake the pictures in the daylight.

-Chris#2

I found it and sent you a pm. Looks like you got yourself a proof Jefferson there my friend! Most circulated coins of this year will not have full steps or the bright fields and devices.

Great coins guys!! I love the trade dollar and you got a great deal on that quarter Alan.

Bobby congrats on winning the Numisma quest!!

Pictures taken with a new camera. I just bought it last night so may take some time to learn the settings. Its a Fugifilms s2950.

1999SGeorgiaQuarterobverse.jpg

1999SGeorgiaQuarterreverse.jpg

-Chris#2

This is my first Morgan purchase

Although it doesn't contribute to my main collection of CC's, I think its a nice first :]

1900MorganDollarPCGSMS65Obverse.jpg

1900MorganDollarPCGSMS65Reverse.jpg

Here's a better picture of the hairline on the cheek

other than that I enjoy the overall appeal

IMG_8041.jpg

Edited by kenji51590