• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,916 posts in this topic

Great coins, everybody! I had to pick my jaw up off the ground after that 1808 quarter eagle. I've been too busy to post lately, but I have picked up a few additions.

Ordered from the Mint. No "Reverse of 2007," but a nice coin nonetheless.

2008-WSAEMedium.jpg

The next few came from the annual Texas Numismatic Association show in Fort Worth. My wife finds great amusement in "TNA," because of its other connotations. :) I enjoyed the show, although there weren't as many people shopping as I expected. The crowd was similar to the other Fort Worth area shows, the difference being there were two or three time the dealers at this one, but with the same crowd. I did see a full set of Panama Pacific commemoratives, including both $50 gold coins. Those were quite a sight. My uncle came up Sunday, but he missed them. He's been collecting longer than I've been around, and he had never seen them. He'll have to wait a little longer. I also enjoyed seeing the Confederate half dollar restrike.

I took my friend's 10 year old son with me to the show. He did real well at the youth auction, leaving with a bag of buffalo nickels, some wheat cents, a 1978 proof set, and a 1965 special mint set. All of this for free. Kudos to the TNA.

I came home with the following. I'd appreciate grade opinions on the 1853 Arrows half dime.

HalfDime1853ArrowsMedium.jpg

1942 Walking Liberty half:

HalfDollar1942Medium.jpg

Finally, I entered the raffle, and I won third place, this raw $5 gold eagle. Not bad for $5 worth of tickets.

5DollarGoldMedium.jpg

I came home with the following. I'd appreciate grade opinions on the 1853 Arrows half dime.

HalfDime1853ArrowsMedium.jpg

The pics make it look like it's been buffed, but I like the clashes.

The pics are a pretty poor representation of the coin's appearance. I haven't figured out yet how to capture the real tiny coins.

The pics are a pretty poor representation of the coin's appearance. I haven't figured out yet how to capture the real tiny coins.

You're not alone, believe me. I still haven't been able to image any of my dimes properly. :(

Stgecko, nice looking group of classic commems! (thumbs u

Rey, a pleasant looking IHC. (thumbs u

Harvey, good looking T1 SLQ... that's a great slider. :applause:

Lee, nice looking Lincolns. (thumbs u

Dooly, good looking group of coins. (thumbs u

Ant, that's a fun SC$. (thumbs u

AWB, those are some fun coins you picked up at the show. (thumbs u

Steve, good looking Lincoln. (thumbs u

OT3, very attractive SL half dollar you got there! :applause:

I bid yesterday on 3 lots at the Goldberg auction, winning two of them. I got completely blown out of the water on a toner PCGS MS67 1938-D Buffalo (lot 3914) for my Type Set. It was expected to go for $300 - $350. I stopped bidding at $725 and the lot eventually sold for $1,600 (NOT including the commission). It was part of a gorgeous collection of toner Buffalo Nickels that were auctioned off yesterday. If you like looking at those sort of coins here's the link...

Nickels

Most of the Buffs sold for strong money, and more than a few sold for "stupid" money; see lots 3846, 3895 and 3907.

I did win two toned Classic Commems, a PCGS MS65 Monroe and a 1938-D NGC (and CAC) MS67 Oregon. I'll post images of them later when they are properly imaged, hopefully by Bob.

Nice coins posted since my last. Snagged this off TT last night as my Memorial Day gift to myself. Being an old vet and all. ;)

Choice uncirculated example with overall exceptional strike and lustre for the issue. Nice color too. Some carbon as expected for the grade but not overly distracting.

c25341032-a.jpg

c25341032.jpg

Nice Pilgrim Commemerative there Zach (thumbs u

Another great Lincoln Lee :applause:

Sweet Roosie Bob :headbang:

Here are my pic's of my 1917 type 1 quarter I just got in, and a neat little clipped rossie.

newps1.jpgnewps2.jpg

newps3.jpgnewps4.jpg

Sweet finds all (thumbs u

my latest The seller said an 1852 and a 1943 but it was just too cheep to not have a go at..

:juggle:1b72_1.jpg:juggle:

lets see how they turn out hm

Edited by dooly

:grin:

Well another BTW arrived today! One more is on the way and then I have to pony up for the last four. Here she is a 1948 BTW with some really nice lustre to it.

Sorry about one pic being smaller than the others but that's the way it worked out.

59090-1948BTWMS65Slab.JPG.a134201a23341acfc45d0ebf764d534e.JPG

59091-1948BTWMS65Obverse.JPG.11c258128b6c2a5c417efbcb1a933184.JPG

59093-1948BTWMS65ReverseWeb.JPG.ac1c567e99c577e5b36bb68690283be6.JPG