• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
9 9

21,050 posts in this topic

On 9/25/2024 at 6:34 PM, rrantique said:

*note the little black prongs at 2 and 10.

I did note that. I had asked because if you look at the first pics before he added the full holder, it looks like the black background is smooth (at least on my computer it does) which there were some counterfeits made of the GSA's by the Chinese and the black insert was smooth and didn't have that rough texture like the true GSA holders had. I wanted to make sure it was a good one.

Appreciate the updated pics @johnhenry9009! Nice coin!  (thumbsu

Edited by powermad5000

I recently bought myself a Birthday Present. It was a 1661 Spanish Empire King Phillip IV Coin, and it's Clipped. 

I want to send it in for Grading but I want a # grade, not AU Details Clipped. I'd take a # grade and the Handicapper "Clipped".

I believe all coins with any AU Details Handicapper should also have a #grade. I'm sure 100% of your agree. 

On 10/3/2024 at 3:40 AM, Captain Murder said:

I recently bought myself a Birthday Present. It was a 1661 Spanish Empire King Phillip IV Coin, and it's Clipped. 

I want to send it in for Grading but I want a # grade, not AU Details Clipped. I'd take a # grade and the Handicapper "Clipped".

I believe all coins with any AU Details Handicapper should also have a #grade. I'm sure 100% of your agree. 

No.

On 10/3/2024 at 3:40 AM, Captain Murder said:

This argument spilled over in the Ask/NGC forum and my response here is the same as there. I 100% DO NOT agree.