• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Greetings All

It has been a while.

I hope you are all doing well.

Just wanted to share my newest sample slab.

All the Best

Alan

1964.jpg1964-1.jpg

Acquired from DLRC and fills my last upgrade to MS 65 for the last decade of Liberty Nckel issues.

This is not yet in hand. Looking forward to see her.

OP

124544.jpg.506bbd399bc5e71009f49dcbe482dc54.jpg

124545.jpg.4bac34bce9baf135e88ada4ab8bc3c02.jpg

top additions lads well done ..

I cannot believe it .. I actually got a ok USA coin from my local car boot sale today hear in England .. in fact i cannot remember the last time i actually found a coin for sale !!

USA1942.jpg

Haven't bid a coin from TT in a year, but I was looking at Walkers and threw a bid that held up. Sight unseen, is always a risk, but the bid was right.

124551.jpg.e10e694525150053f1f9080b4a83b47c.jpg

124552.jpg.d6506daf0a8d5c2a9e43cbf411167ed1.jpg

Just bought this little beauty from Shane. Its a match for the 58D I bought from him a couple of weeks ago.

Nice Jason I was watching that for my type set but Shane doesn't ship over here so couldn't bid . I'm glad we didn't both go for it :)

Just bought this little beauty from Shane. Its a match for the 58D I bought from him a couple of weeks ago.

Nice Jason I was watching that for my type set but Shane doesn't ship over here so couldn't bid . I'm glad we didn't both go for it :)

Shane's a good guy - I'm sure if you sent him a message, he could work something out with you. He might not want to make it a standard policy, but he might make an exception for someone he knows.

An eBay win, sellers image: :)

1936_Wisconsin_SoCalled_Dollar_Front.jpg

1936_Wisconsin_SoCalled_Dollar_Back.jpg

WISCONSIN TERRITORIAL CENTENNIAL 1936

Medal commemorates 100th anniversary as territory, not State¬hood, Wisconsin having been admitted to Union May 29, 1848. Legislature created Wisconsin Centennial, Inc. 1933 with $500 appropriation, later increased. Celebration was state-wide, highlight being presentation of pageant, "Centennial Cavalcade of Wisconsin," in stadium of University of Wisconsin, Madison, June 27-July 5, 1936; "witnessed by at least 75,000 spectators."

This was official medal, sponsored and designed by Commission; 1,500 pieces struck in Bronze; sold for $1.

Obv. Capitol building, clouds behind; at base on small ribbon 1936; smaller edifice to l.; at base, on small ribbon 1836; above all, around Wisconsin Territorial Centennial; below all is prone animal (badger?) on dotted line.

Rev. Eagle in upper center panel; to l. 19 / June / 27, to r. 36 / July / 5; above at border Madison; below panel Official / Wisconsin / Centennial / Celebration; stars all around at border.

HK-696 Bronze. 37mm., Scarce.

This is the second one of these in the original holder that is in my collection.

Another Heraldic Art Medal (No. 8). Civil War Centennial 1861-1961. NGC MS68. Sterling Silver.

civilwarmedalobv.jpgcivilwarmedalrev.jpg

BKW, I love that one! I have two of the #8 in my collection (one MS65, one MS68). It's a gorgeous design! (thumbs u

BKW, I love that one! I have two of the #8 in my collection (one MS65, one MS68). It's a gorgeous design! (thumbs u

I recently found out about these medals and decided to add this one to a set I'm compiling that commemorates the Civil War. Looks like I'll have to add #20, Appomattox, at some point too :)

Got this today from france ..

sellers picture

KGrHqJHJBE9sc5B8rBPjDJ8960_12.jpg

newcastle041-horz.jpg

my scan ? don't think it is cleaned .. from his picture i was sure it was

This is on its way to me from the gals at JJ Teaparty.

I have not seen it in hand, as yet.

Looks pretty nice to me thru the images, though.

6315a8d4.jpg

Are those staples holding the slabs together? I have never seen that slab before. very cool

Upgrading the AG/G coins in my Barber Half collection when a decent buy comes along (especially the ones with the weak reverses). Picked this one up. It may not be high grade, but it's an attractive example and can be tough to find in G/VG (where it's still affordable)

95-o_obv.jpg

95-o_rev.jpg

Are those staples holding the slabs together? I have never seen that slab before. very cool

Not staples. Those are plastic tabs. It's a clam shell slab, seam along the edge. When it's assembled, the tabs snap-lock into place. Label at top folds over to the reverse with the Tulving information, creating a tamper-evident seal at the top.

In the past week, I snagged two sterling silver medals dated 1969. Both will join my thematic horse collection.

The first is already graded by NGC as MS67, and commemorates the 275th Anniversary of Kingston, New Hampshire. It features a horse drawn carriage on the obverse. The issue was limited to 1,000 pieces, and mine is numbered 328 on the medals edge.

The 2nd is a raw example of the Heraldic Art Medal #31, commemorating the Bicentennial of San Diego (1769-1969). I plan to eventually have this one put in an NGC holder and will add it to my NGC custom set. For now it will remain in an album with my approximately 80 other raw horse coins, medals, and tokens. I am a huge fan of the Heraldic Art Medal series, as the high relief designs are quite stunning.

124835.jpg.55a9f01ba374b19a36465174c32c76e8.jpg

124836.jpg.ef75f269f309e4b79c98f96d4c8e872a.jpg